• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

World of Tanks (Xbox-PC)

Anthoop

If I only was allowed one tier five tank it would be the KV1...if it had to not be Russian then it would be the AT2...if it had to be a premium...then Ram.....if it had to be light then Chaffee.

On 9 March 2016 at 22:48, Bigjimknickers said:

Now playing this on PS4, spending wayyy too much time on it!!

anyone else? (On ps4?)

I am and loving it, add me   Auto362butcher.

i can go up to tier 9 but like hanging around the middle tiers or getting up to mischief with my Cruiser 2 and its naughty 3.7 howitzer! Great little tier 3 tank.

I'll add you later AB, I've been playing badly today, trying my best to grind the top guns on both the IS & the Tiger, tiger is wayy off top gun & painful unupgraded. IS is bearable with the 100mm.

i fancy a premium TD silver maker...

jagdtiger 8.8

or

SU 122 44?

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 22:31, autobutcher said:

Trying to get the AT2 but the Alecto is so soul destroyingly bad!

The Alecto rocks but it has to be played right....it has very little armour so....it has a great gun, great detection range and is fast....all opposite of AT2.

When playing Alecto you can go spot some enemy easily and if near a bush you can fire off a few shots without being detected...and that is just a basic crew without any skills or perks....once you start adding skills/perks it can be like shooting fish in a....

The AT2 sometimes does not even get to the battle but when it does and the enemy are just pinging shots off your armour it is hilarious...( Sherman Jumbo is similar in that the frontal armour is crazy)....downsides to the AT2 are the speed, detecting range, gun is fast firing but poor and the massive cuppola that is a weak spot...see another AT2 then aim at the cuppola and/or load premium shells.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2016 at 16:12, Bigjimknickers said:

I'll add you later AB, I've been playing badly today, trying my best to grind the top guns on both the IS & the Tiger, tiger is wayy off top gun & painful unupgraded. IS is bearable with the 100mm.

i fancy a premium TD silver maker...

jagdtiger 8.8

or

SU 122 44?

I shall chime in here, I play a bit on PC but I guess you will be purchasing on console. JT88 is either hulldown godmode melting things with 3DPM or you're too slow to catch the battle or get outmanoeuvred or artied. It is slow, traverse especially. Funny thing is, and especially on PC the LFP is not as weak as the normal Jagtiger, and as such you can bounce the russian 122mm spud guns with some reliability. Hope they don't load gold though. You get pref MM which is nice, means you're spared meeting tier X.

Not played the SU-122-44 although it gets good reviews, some trollish armour coupled with plenty of mobility and crazy DPM for tier. No pref MM so good luck if you end up face to face with an E75 :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

If I'm in my IS3 & I see tier 9-10, I imediatly load gold/skill, or I can't do anything in the battle.

Yes by all accounts the IS3 is good but bottom tier sucks for most heavy tanks.

Just to check that you know to buy premium shells with silver? Press triangle on ammo screen.....I am sure you do know but just checking.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anthoop said:

Yes by all accounts the IS3 is good but bottom tier sucks for most heavy tanks.

Just to check that you know to buy premium shells with silver? Press triangle on ammo screen.....I am sure you do know but just checking.

Yes mate, I found that out when I first started on console, luckily, & yeah I seem to come across a few tier 9s & even tier tens when I platton with my clan on my IS3.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

If I'm in my IS3 & I see tier 9-10, I imediatly load gold/skill, or I can't do anything in the battle.

No AP mostly is fine, just run with the mediums and know your weakspots. I've done the highest damage in the team before in my IS3 in a tier 10 game with very little gold use. 

This is a good website for looking at the armour profiles of tanks, as well as the hidden stats if you need it. 

http://tanks.gg/wot/techtree

3 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Yeah, I know of weak spots, but with a horrendous aim time, reload time & poor accuracy I need some gold/skill, plus I'm not even on the top gun yet so I'll bounce all my shots with 175 pen against T9/10

Ah didn't realise you were using the stock gun. The top gun makes the tank.

JT.88 is a good credit earner, as is the FCM in my experience although the FCM is hard to play well. Avoid the tanks with low pen (IS6, T26E4 etc) as you will have to fire gold quite a bit.

18 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Isn't the FCM French? Not got that tree yet on ps4.

i may treat myself to the jagdtiger 88...

As you know already, on console the JDTiger 88 is a great silver earner...generally...but it has flaws.

Playing on PS4 I would imagine it has a great potential for earning silver...due to inexperience of the players...rather like the AT2...if you do not understand how to defeat it then you are in trouble..

I do not have it and do not think I have been blown up by one either...for me it is easy to earn silver around the middle tiers...no need to buy a over priced premium tank.... think I have about 14 million silver....

Yes the FCM is the French line...when you get that nation go directly to the ELC...and the BDR....

• 4 months later...