• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Charlesk's new SC racer

Did the kit come with a body? Or which body did you go for?

No body with the kit, or wheels for that.

I went for a flotek evo from proline.

Oh just noticed you're using Gens Ace shorty lipo's, are they any good? I'm running the 5300mah 2S 65c ones in my touring car which I've been really happy with.

I've using them in the Rb6 for a while and they perform better than my Orion xs packs

• Like 1

The Evo is a nice looking body shell, that's what I'd run if I had a short course truck :thumbsup:

Cool, I'll give them a go in my buggy, pretty sure they're on the BRCA list too? I'm currently using A-spec Nanotechs which aren't on the list but fine for club rounds.

Promising start last night.

A bit more work on the setup needed (the joys of a kit that isn't common) but it's drivable and the pace is there (got within 1sec of the RB6).

I'll be taking some of the antisquat off and changing to saddles but nearly there. Just need to tone it down a touch for my hands.

How you getting on with Charles? Still going well for you?

Got it very close to what I want it last night, the balance it's now there, just needs a touch more weight to make it perfect (got a nice brass plate coming from rudebits).

I'm now running very little anti squat, 30deg front kick up and link positions similar to my Rb6 setup.

Also swapped the front staggers for mini spikes.

It still is very quick ( best for best there is only 0.6sec between this and the Rb6 now, suspect some of that is that my driving style suits SC more, but none the less v.quick for a truck), predictable and can do 6 min stints without breaking a sweat. The extra capacity of the saddles means that I can do 2-3 stints if I had to on the same batts.

Only me and another SC on track last night unfortunately (and that was a good 4sec of my pace), so had a play with the buggys and scared them lol!!!

No breakages so for either, which is always good.

The big test will be the upcoming regional, where I'll do 4wd buggy and the Sc heat, so will be throwing it at the deep end...

Edited by charlesk

Nice one, sounds promising. Hopefully the regional goes well for you :thumbsup:

I've taken the advice and will be getting a couple of those SMC's for my buggy. I'm tempted to run my buggy this weekend instead of the touring car.

Nice one, sounds promising. Hopefully the regional goes well for you :thumbsup:

I've taken the advice and will be getting a couple of those SMC's for my buggy. I'm tempted to run my buggy this weekend instead of the touring car.

Thank you.

A teaser of its current setup. A touch dirty from last night but stil...

imagejpg1_zpsa16f1055.jpg

I swapped to mini spikes, because I found the staggers too aggressive.

The mini spikes on the sc seem to be smoother. Also as you can see I've trimmed some rows off, to further tone down the front.

All this still for astro and for that high grip astro.

The staggers work very well on grass.

Interesting stuff, I also cut a row off of my yellow mini-spikes to make it less aggressive on grass. I bought some of those Schumacher yellow stud 2 row to try out. I only race on grass at the moment.

Have you compared Schumacher mini-spike greens & Ballistic mini-spike greens?

I have tried the green minispikes but I didn't get on with them. (assuming we're talking buggy).

I found that on a 2wd yellows work very well in the dry, and damp/wet ballistic greens are the tyre of choose.

4wd I sometimes even use ballistic greens in the dry, when I want a less "grabby" tyre.

Have you tried full spikes, on longer grass they work well.

Ballistics are squarer, and got a longer spike, so they favour traction over side grip, and work better on longer pile generally speaking.

How long/worn is the grass were you run?