• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Has anyone used these servos before?

HyperNoob

Hi i am looking for a budget friendly servo for my Hyper id prefer waterproof as i fried one at the weekend..i have found 2 but don't know if they are any good, so i was wondering if anyone on here has come across them or used them before...

GOTECK GS-5515DTG

ETRONIX ES092

Cheers guys

I bought the Etronix a few months back and put it in the Maverick. Obviously it's not a high end servo, so it's not that fast but I find it fast enough for general messing about and it's been through a couple of deep puddles without letting me down! I would probably buy another one if I needed another water proof servo.

It does make a really annoying noise though, sounds quite cheap. 

I bought the Etronix a few months back and put it in the Maverick. Obviously it's not a high end servo, so it's not that fast but I find it fast enough for general messing about and it's been through a couple of deep puddles without letting me down! I would probably buy another one if I needed another water proof servo.

It does make a really annoying noise though, sounds quite cheap. 

thanks for the advice the noise part might put me off thou...do you think there are as quick as the standard savox steering servo that's in my hyper..its model SC-0254mg as i quite like the speed of it but its fried.

I've just looked up the specs of both and the Etronix is very slightly slower than the Savox but has quite a bit more torque, so it's up to you. If you want one a bit more powerful I'd have the Etronix but they look fairly similar.

• Like 1

I've just looked up the specs of both and the Etronix is very slightly slower than the Savox but has quite a bit more torque, so it's up to you. If you want one a bit more powerful I'd have the Etronix but they look fairly similar.

Cheers bud the waterproof bit my win it over id like to find out if the GOTECK servo is any good it states its part titanium i think with a bit more torque than the Etronix 

I've just had a look at the Goteck, yes it's got quite a lot more torque than the Etronix and is slightly faster. Can't find anything about it being waterproof though. It really depends on how necessary you think being waterproof is I guess.

You want a cheap but decent servo for a hyper and your only bashing can I recommend this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29621__Turnigy_Metal_Gear_Servo_60g_15_5kg_16sec_UK_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=1501mg not waterproof but not many cheap servos are I have this in my savage flux smeared Vaseline all over it should keep the water out for a bit till I can do the job properly that's the thing the only true waterproof servo is one you do yourself

I've just had a look at the Goteck, yes it's got quite a lot more torque than the Etronix and is slightly faster. Can't find anything about it being waterproof though. It really depends on how necessary you think being waterproof is I guess.

Hi i have seen it advertised as waterproof but i must say its the GS-5515DTA  i think i might bite the bullet and try it out and if it ends up not being waterproof i will of tried it out then when it fries i will send it back :-) that's if i cant find a better option that is....from what i have read people seem to think its safe to use in there planes as it centers back really well...i wouldn't put anything in a plane i couldn't trust i guess.

Edited by HyperNoob

You want a cheap but decent servo for a hyper and your only bashing can I recommend this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29621__Turnigy_Metal_Gear_Servo_60g_15_5kg_16sec_UK_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=1501mg not waterproof but not many cheap servos are I have this in my savage flux smeared Vaseline all over it should keep the water out for a bit till I can do the job properly that's the thing the only true waterproof servo is one you do yourself

After frying mine being waterproof is the main option for me i want to get a waterproof one then coat it myself just to make sure i am going to get some plasti dip to try and save its life for a bit longer