• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Interference, brushed motors and 2.4Ghz

drcarlos

So I got 3 LRP brushed (Blue E, White E and Pink E) motors delivered today (for my lads Maverick Strada MT) and have tried out two of them but I seem to be getting massive amounts of interference on the 2.4Ghz system that it won't run at all, as soon as you apply power it drops connection. There are caps fitted to the motors and I experimented with moving the receiver, cabling and antenna but it has little impact (hold long enough to move slowly then drops). I am using Acoms technicsport 2.4Ghz systems and have tried both sets and they both perform the same. So I dug out the old Technisport 27AM from the loft and plugged it in and away we went (it was a little glitchy but mostly fine) and it's certainly faster than before.

Getting fed up of stripping down changing things now.

I have a new ESC coming from MSUK tomorrow (Hobbywing Quicrun 1060) but this was intended for my WildOne so I can run one of these new lairy LRP motors and I also have my Eurgle 2.4 set too in case the Technicport in known to have these problems.

I really want to use the Acoms 2.4Ghz setup though so does anyone have any ideas that I can try to eliminate this interference? According to the marketing 2.4 is supposed to fine with motors, but this clearly isn't. Could it be the cheap ESC I got from eBay?

Cheers,

Carl.