• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NEB @ Tynemouth 06/04/2014

cybermenace

never used it before bill but i have got a 1/10 on the way with a kit in so will let you know soon lol

cheers beefy . They must be pretty rare if youve never owned one before now lol

I had a 9t 1/10 leopard combo once, had no issues with it and I've heard the bigger motors are decent as well.

I'm going to have to wait until the end of the month to order a one of them quicrun things for my savage after the blue one smoked yesterday. I've had a look and I'm not forking out for castle stuff.

Edited by oodboo

Which one did you go for? I don't know what they do but I'd have suggested somewhere round 2200kv.

Went for a 2000kv 4282 the one with the fins looks a bit like the tork motor but im sure thats where the similarities end ha

My spreadsheet is giving a theoretical top speed of 55.73mph so should be pretty rapid and possibly pretty hot. A 14t pinion gives a top speed of 48.76mph. 13 or 14t might be a better starting point and see what the temps are like and take it from there. I've got a 13t mod 1 (I think it's 13t anyway which the spreadsheet says will be 45.28mph).

Pm me if you're interested in the pinion.

Ive never even thought about gearing lol maybe I should I ran my last one 15-45 and got a gps speed of 49 so your theory seems pretty acurate it also ran hot . Ive got a 14 ill stick that on it first and get some temps.What kind of temperature am I aiming for ?

Get a CC01 unimog :thumbsup:

I do love the look of dem mogs, kieran who used to come bashing had a cr01 mog but they are too expensive for me. Wonder if a mog shell could be applied to my axial crawler. Wanna talk to you again about your magnificent Wii controller as I think that my 4yr old would be able to come bashing too if using one of them.

Just had the baja out for its maiden voyage with some tarmacs on ...great fun gotta love a 23cc and dom combo :)

Gotta love a Dom pipe on any engine, but it seems to make a 23 into a raging beast once its opened up :D

I do love the look of dem mogs, kieran who used to come bashing had a cr01 mog but they are too expensive for me. Wonder if a mog shell could be applied to my axial crawler. Wanna talk to you again about your magnificent Wii controller as I think that my 4yr old would be able to come bashing too if using one of them.

My youngest drives the mog round the local woods, he's three on Friday so should be easy enough for a four year old to use. I initially built it for use by disabled kids who couldn't hold a full size controller. I've got plans to make more with other types of controller, just takes time which I don't have much of these days.

Edited by oodboo

Gotta love a Dom pipe on any engine, but it seems to make a 23 into a raging beast once its opened up :D

I can't see me changing this combo I ran a full mod with jetpro dual bleed on my last baja and honestly don't see the point wasting money like that again . This 23/dom is plenty fun for me

I can't see me changing this combo I ran a full mod with jetpro dual bleed on my last baja and honestly don't see the point wasting money like that again . This 23/dom is plenty fun for me

Keep it cheap man, loose less next week :)