• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FLYSKY FS-GT3C 3ch Query

TimS

I'm considering ordering one of these bad boys and it comes with a 800ma lipo battery which is charged by the usb cable included.

I'm new to lipo batteries and was wondering how long charging will take using this method and if there is anything else I need to be aware of eg overcharging etc. I've heard you have to' balance' this type of battery, but have no idea what it means! I also do not want to spend a great deal more on chargers etc.

This Tx/Rx is to replace the stock 2.4GHz radio equipment i'm currently using, as the receiver has failed. Should I just stick with the same thing and keep it simple?!

Any help/advice would be appreciated. 

I asked similar questions myself when I purchased mine a few months back.  I was informed on this forum that if charging by USB, it will automatically shut off once the battery is fully charged.  Not tested this method yet though.

Plus side of having a FS is having multiple Rx's off one Tx, and the Rx's can be picked up for a few quid.

• Like 1

I tend to use my Samsung mobile charger.  Plug the FS usb into the wall charger.  Im guessing as its household 240v it will charger quicker.