• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper SS or 7 Electric

Hi all, 

I am wanting a tough 1:8 buggy with plenty of spare parts availability.  

I had an inferno ve which was great but parts were a bit expensive and harder to get hold of. 

My question is would i be better of getting a hyper 7 new or used and selling the bits i didn't need and getting an electric conversion kit.  Or just getting the newer hyper ss electric roller ?  

Anyone know what would be better in electric form?  Is the absima brushless conversion kit on ebay ok for converting the hyper 7 over to electric or are there better conversion kits?

Thanks in advance. 

I brought a Hyper 7 roller and have been doing a conversion for a while and I now wished I had got the SS-E.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was how easy it was to get parts for the SS.

I hope to get my car running for the first time this weekend and will give an account of my conversion - build experience and

the cost on here soon.

The SS looks good and being a HoBao parts are rather easy to find but the 7 is more durable, more solid. I don't know if you can fit upgrades from the ST or 7 to the SS, that'll be nice... Buying a nitro 7 means you'll have to spend extra on the conversion and a body shell too if you can't live with the hole left from the nitro engine in the body shell. If I were you I'd buy both :) , a new SS electric roller and a used 7 roller and see what parts are transferable to make the SS stronger ;)