• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help

I successfully built a quadcopter a while back and had no problems with it i crashed it recenlty. I decided to convert what i had using motors and kk2.0 board to  T copter.

i have built it and now cant get it to leave the ground in a controlled manner . when I throttle up its like only two of the motors can go at any one time even on a perfectly level plain. i fitted it with a larger props than i had on the quadcopter 10 x 4.5 versus 8 x 4.5(on quad) the esc are 25a .ONE NOTE before i broke up the quad i tried the 10 x 4.5 on it and it was v poor to fly v sloppy. am i getting enough juice to motors. is the servo causing this. v frustrated by this . also do t copter have to be v light?

Thanks

hi i may as well let ye all know that t copter is now working  :hahadance: . and boy did i suffer for it.Here are the issues i found with it to help any one else in a similar predicament.

1 the esc throttle control range were all different i had to do each one individually ie show them the range of the throttle . i heard one of the esc beeping strangely  when i powered it up during the build in other words it had found its way in to program mode and caused the problem .

2.when i fixed that i found it was spinning around on the rudder even though when i input rudder controls it worked fine, gyro was wrong . i found that i had to reverse the servo on the tx and then reverse rudder on the kk board toto -100 counter act each other. This could catch out the unprepared as rudder looks normal before flying .

so i am now a happy chap i will say t copter was v difficult to build cos of the tail , i would recommend buying a tail unit on its own and build around it.