• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

self build kit..

phhh

Please clarify 'not too expensive', as it makes it suggestions relevant, based on budget. Do you have any rc gear at all, tx, Rx, batteries, charger?? If not, these must be factored in too.

You only specify 1/10 and belt driven.Must it be onroad or is offroad also ok?

Good question, im not looking at racing it just i love the belt driven cars and the building side of it and it would just be getting driven in the street but also have a off road area too, could i not just change wheels for off/on road ? Sorry im still learning.

You won't get that in the UK warehouse...just the HK one. Doesn't take long to arrive though.

No way you'll want to run that offroad though. The belts will get destroyed by grit/dirt, or pick up grass etc. You can run some tourers offroad on rally tyres...but I would suggest going for a shaft drive setup, as that's a lot better at dealing with the dirt and debris from offroad running.

You won't get that in the UK warehouse...just the HK one. Doesn't take long to arrive though.No way you'll want to run that offroad though. The belts will get destroyed by grit/dirt, or pick up grass etc. You can run some tourers offroad on rally tyres...but I would suggest going for a shaft drive setup, as that's a lot better at dealing with the dirt and debris from offroad running.

Ok ill keep the belt to on road use, i have a tl01 cossie rally which i can use for off road.

It's not a self build, but a Team Associated TC4 rolling chassis kit is very good for the money and is shaft driven. I totally agree with nitro, belts will just get destroyed even when running on road unless it's a very well swept area you are running in.

Can this be bought in the uk ? Just looked at it and its very nice

I think it's only available from their global warehouse sadly. Although I guess it's worth asking if they could supply it from UK/Europe.

Buying from global will make shipping a lot higher and you run the risk of paying duty on it. Although I suspect even with all these extra costs it's still probably very good VFM.