• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Andys Wraith Log Thread [##PICTURE HEAVY##]

Andyking

Personally I can't see scrubbing them will add much wear? Maybe stick them in the dish washer?

Don't think the rents would be happy with dishwasher getting clogged up. It took 5 minutes at most to clean with the hose so I'll probably just end up doing that from now on. 

Also, the claws are going up for sale soon if your interested?

So I spent today installing my bec, this was my first time finishing a full job of soldering as I usually burn myself and get angry and take it to the model shop. Swapped my deans to castle connections so I had the ESC and 6 lipos to do and it went fairly well so overall I'm pleased. Hopefully this solves my motor cutting out issue. Might be able to get some decent runs from it now.

Got a spectrum reciver set on the way so I'll be able to get that set up when it comes.

Also have a full set of 2.2 Baja Claws for sale in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Edited by Andyking

So shes done for now. I have a body set that needs painting and cutting out but I'm going to leave that for a rainy day.

So here she is in her most recent form,

j85f.jpg

Specs are as follows:

PitBull 2.2 RockBeast II tyres with Crawler Innovations Double Deuce (soft outers in front, medium outers in rear/ RC4WD 2.2 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

Axial 2.2 8 Hole beadlocks/ RC4WD 2.2 OEM steel wheel

Pro-Line Power Stroke Shocks with softest springs

Axial Universal set

87t Axial Spur

19T Robinson Racing pinion

Hot Racing center gears

MIP C-Drive Spline Centre CVD

Team Fast Eddy Bearings

Vanquish Products shock mounts

Vanquish Products Tie Rod & Drag Link

Vanquish Products C-Hub, Knuckles, Lockouts in anodized orange

Axial servo horn

Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster Sport 35T
Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL Waterproof edition
Savox SA-1230SG servo
Spktrum DX3C
Various 2s lipos
Edited by Andyking
  • Like 1

Nice build... those RC4WD wheels would look cool painted black or blue to tie in with the body... i'm running 1.9 rock beasts on my SCX10 and love them... as you said, they seem to find traction on any surface.

Re cleaning... i prefer to leave my truck after a run to let the dirt / mug dry then brush it off with a medium soft brush / old tooth brush. Works for me, just have to make sure the bearings etc are ok and maintained.

Nice build... those RC4WD wheels would look cool painted black or blue to tie in with the body... i'm running 1.9 rock beasts on my SCX10 and love them... as you said, they seem to find traction on any surface.

Re cleaning... i prefer to leave my truck after a run to let the dirt / mug dry then brush it off with a medium soft brush / old tooth brush. Works for me, just have to make sure the bearings etc are ok and maintained.

Yea, I found letting everything dry first and then it just brushes straight off worked a lot easier. 

I'm re framing from painting then for now as I have a body set that I plan on painting but I haven't decided the colours yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks good I'm going for the lower look on my next wraith I'm building

I'm using traxxas gtr shocks do its low and stable won't have a great deal off flex but I've got my shorty wraith for that 

I'm loving the new lower stance, had a quick blast today and it wast pretty fun to drive. It was a nice change throwing it into a turn and it not doing multiple rolls

Something in the transmission eventually gave out but I'm hoping its just the grub screw.

Edited by Andyking

• 1 month later...

Wraith will be going up for sale soon. If anyone has any initial offers PM me. Will have one set of spare wheels also, so if the price is right will sell them first. Either pitbull 2.2 with CI foams&axial 8 hole OR the 2.2 axial wheels&tyres pictured above.

Be sad to see this one go but the fish tank needs new parts urgently

Edited by Andyking