• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First time buyer

Dundas

Yeah ive not seen many good threads here on the yama or any other clone except the km.

But there is a very good yama thread in the reviews section a member brought one new and stripped it down to make sure it was put together right or just rebuild with love which the workers most likly dont stood on a line. I had am fg marder it drove very well but it just looked old and I soon fell out with it. I upgraded loads on it and regretted it when I sold it.

Paid

Fg marder is now a very old desighn, and this is very evident in how it drives and handles, having said that its far better than a yama buggy lol, id personaly avoid those yamas like the plague, engines in them are good and thats about it, the rest is terrible, this is through experiance as a couple of my mates had them, had nothing but trouble every single time they were run, if your after cheap then i would go km route, just get the ksrc001 for 350, seriously its a million miles away from yama in terms of desighn, parts availability, qualty, hopups, and its way way more fun to drive than a yama, at the end if the day the choice is yours but theres plenty of experianced lads on here in 1/5 scale and most would opt for a km, its popular for good reason, again its your choice if you fit a kill switch or not, its not needed to run it but you would be silly not to imo, it cuts the engine out if you have a runaway, which ever car/buggy you choose if it takes off at full chat because something has failed and hits a wall or a tree its going to cost you far more in parts to fix it than a

Yeah ive not seen many good threads here on the yama or any other clone except the km.

But there is a very good yama thread in the reviews section a member brought one new and stripped it down to make sure it was put together right or just rebuild with love which the workers most likly dont stood on a line. I had am fg marder it drove very well but it just looked old and I soon fell out with it. I upgraded loads on it and regretted it when I sold it.

Paid

How could i be more wrong about a new car, dont be silly, if something is faulty on a brand new car and a part was faulty right out the box i would expect that part to be changed, if you buy second hand theres no come backs and faulty, worn parts are a hell of alot more likely, on the guys post he clearly states he can maybe stretch to

Edited by the watchman

How could i be more wrong about a new car, dont be silly, if something is faulty on a brand new car and a part was faulty right out the box i would expect that part to be changed, if you buy second hand theres no come backs and faulty, worn parts are a hell of alot more likely, on the guys post he clearly states he can maybe stretch to

Everyone knows that the old "original" KM engines aren't up to much, the heads blow, as do the seals and bearings, so it's not really worth risking it... Especially if he doesn't have funds for a replacement engine.

The servos are also very hit and miss on the older KMs.

The one you need is

Which would be the biggest waste of money he could buy, but at the end of the day it's his money, we can only advise bud and if he wants to waste it, that's totally his shout :)

My point exactly, in all honesty either a used marder or a new km is a much better choice than a yama, we can only try to give advice on the pros and cons of his options.