• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DEX408T - finished and painted

Candyman

Nice candyman xD  I'm not jelly :xd: , you might need to put something on the chassis to help the lipo's from sliding up and down.  I bought some self adhesive foam and put that on my DEX408 chassis when I had it, also did provide a small amount of cushion for the lipo's to.

Edited by cyronn

What compressor and paints did you use.

I have a pretty basic little diaphragm compressor and i use faskolor paints. Its taken me a long time to get this far but I still get stuff wrong, im not "artistic" im just good at copying good paintjobs I see.

Looking awesome, as others have said, brilliant paint job  :thumbsup: Now get some electrics in it  :xd: Have you decided what you're going for?

Im using what I had in my lightning, so thats Tekin T8 2050kv on 6s

When my two boys give me time I jump on the airbrush, im also not very artistic but just keep at it, theres plenty of stencils out there to start up a design then finish with free hand, im in the middle of my first painted shell, just using rattle cans this time, photos should be up by the weekend.

It is expensive, but then again this isnt a nitro converstion, its a brushless through and though. Like the looks of the quality, looks to be up there with losi. Very tempted in the new year.

• 7 months later...

erm... well now... your going to make a deal out of this but I havnt actually driven it yet  :whistling: 

I still have the electronics in my lightning stadium, I will probably swap it all over to this for this summer.

• Like 1

erm... well now... your going to make a deal out of this but I havnt actually driven it yet  :whistling:

I still have the electronics in my lightning stadium, I will probably swap it all over to this for this summer.

Do they know how many eggs it layed in your brain?

(Use the Durango AMAGAAAAD!!)

Did same with my D8T. Bought kit, built 1st bit then left it for like 6months :P

Tho now one of my fave and most used cars.

Have to say Dex408t.... if it wasnt for the D8T, I`d be on it like a tramp eating chimps.

Edited by Colicab

what isnt helping is I have a a serpent truggy with the proper serpent electric conversion kit, im building it now, I might end up putting the electrics in that lol

just take a knife and stick it in my back LOL!

Only thing better... a serpent.

Tough decisions this summer, course imagine if you could race them both.....

Edited by Colicab