• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashtastic - 7th Sept

Which date?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Bashtastic Date

• 7th September
    • 8th September

phew...long couple of days travelling up north....late night prep pretty much sorted..

Mark..

Your mrs can have a go on the glitter bug tomorrow or the Trugasaurus if she has the skills/nerve !  ...got a Tx and Rx for nothing off here and popped it on the X1 so i can run two RCs at once...epic funs !

Cheers Chris - I'll let her know, but by the looks of things we can't stay long as one of the dogs has decided to redecorated the apartment and we can't leave her for long. :yucky:

mar_k i am in desperate need of a couple 6x12x4 axle/hub bearings for my mta4. any chance you could grab me some if you swing by 308?

Yeah, sure. I will ask when Im in there.

Is this just a bearing or is it the hub as well?

and grab me some large body clips...got cash to settle up..

just a a reminder for the new peeps..

N11 1EA for car park...

07788515557 for me...

tube arnos grove

first cap connect....new southgate

Any specific colour? lol

sunny here....two miles from the site...

trees to shelter under...and if it really sets in to rain...trent park woods is ten mins drive away  :thumbsup:

body clips....brightest colour they have ....with flashing lights built in if poss  :hahadance:

Edited by barnetbasher

It's just a few heavy showers moving through .... weather is forecast to improve.

Only thing to watch at Southgate is the bottom of the slope can get a bit 'soggy' and if I get there early with the Baja, I may turn the corner of hte upper field into a replica of the Somme.... but hey :)

No reason not to turn up !

Good news then, I'm not put off by bad weather, Spend 99% of my working life out in the elements. 

Will get body clips for Barnetbasher and bearings for Delta-9

Will also get Byrons 25% if I get the call that its needed.

Epic day folks.....

Great to see new faces....

Damage report...

Truckenstien...LEGEND !  body mounts came adrift a couple of times....lost a bolt from front steering knuckle...no biggy..

it was such fun with that today...I've had another 5s blow a cell so that will be chopped down for a nice 4s pack for the truck ...nice.

Truggy was terrifying as ever ! crashed it into my foot today OUCH ! bruise city !

Went Kamikaze for the final run...tore the front tyre clean in half !

i think its time for that shell to hit the bin !

Wheelie skid bar is next..before i get another shell...the arse end of them gets ripped up

Glitter bug....such fun....no breaks but somehow bent a rear dogbone which then wore itself through by rubbing on the sway bar....i think it actually rubbed itself in half and fell out !

Nice to see some spectators today....brought out the show off in all of us !

This new venue next time ? See earlier in this thread for details

Was a good day out, despite the footballers getting in the way :)

Hadn't run the Baja for a few bashes, so it was good to give it a bit of a run. No breakages or issues, and only needed a quick cleanup.

Nice to see some new faces, and some old faces back. Seriously tempted to get a side pipe for the Shorty after seeing Lakie's one run.

Good day had - Nice one fellas (and girlie with the exo ;) )

Shout out to Chris for the excellent muffins and Ahmet for sourcing fuel!

Glad to see so many people!

Truggy was playing funny-buggers, one minute running nicely, then at full throttle felt like it was running out of breath. Will drop the novarossi in for next time.

Not too much damage, bent shock tower, blown rear shock and a dead servo in the green/yellow exo.

This new venue next time ? See earlier in this thread for details

For sure - sooner rather than later please :)

Good to put some faces to forum user names, Think I managed to say hello to most people. I can remember faces and usernames but not real names for all though!

Good to see a wide variety of cars running. I am quite a novice - good to see them in the flesh rather than photos / vids online. Hyper 7's get mentioned quite a bit (!) on this forum - I'd not seen one before yesterday

Favourites?

-  the heath robinson lash up of truckenstein.

- the Axial exo - scale looks are good.Thanks for the go on it. Much more like a small car racing round than the truggies or buggies.

- the purple shells on the losi and trophy truggy.

- the bajas- petrol always good. Though I don't remember the slalom course they all seemed to be doing? Where all the other cars managed straight lines...

Damage?

Three cars out of the house.

Nitro mta4 stayed in the car - no damage. Too much to carry that as well!

hyper ST - First run out with this. Pleased. nut and bolt came loose on the steering and stopped play. And lost a mod1 pinion :( another expensive lesson in "must remember to threadlock, must remember to threadlock"

Hyper TT "the little white one" - rear shock tower badly bent. Need to figure out a way of bracing it if I want to keep putting it up against the big boy 1/8th and 1/5th cars. and add the wing back on for those backward impacts... just wish it would land tyres down more often!. One motor wire came off too - as in either broke off or desoldered itself.

If you were wondering why the TT was so quick... I was experimenting with running it on 4S. I had two very small 2S 4000 mAh, 40C Zippy packs in there. The turnigy 3750kV motor is supposedly good for 3S, ESC for 4S, so thought I'd give it a go. Gearing on 2S is approx 38-40... didn't manage to get it to full throttle at any point. Probably a good thing a wire came loose before something worse happened! Temps were surprisingly good.

Good meet guys, nice to meet so many new members!

good to try out another hyper ST too... thanks. 

means I can swap tips :) must read the owners thread first.

centre diff oil and sorting out steering the first jobs.

@bodgemonkey - side guards would be good. Not in a rush. Next bash?

@lakie. - i went to the quarry location on sunday morning. I think you must have gone to the overgrown bit near the corner of symondshyde and coopers green lanes. That bit has always been very overgrown. The hill in the far corner is still clear. 

@bodgemonkey - side guards would be good. Not in a rush. Next bash?

@lakie. - i went to the quarry location on sunday morning. I think you must have gone to the overgrown bit near the corner of symondshyde and coopers green lanes. That bit has always been very overgrown. The hill in the far corner is still clear.

Yeah I did go in that way, but I had a good walk around.

The hill was clear but not enough space for a fast lary baja!

Varies ... can be anything from half a dozen to 15-20 on a good day. Depends whose free, whose cars are running :)

Last one wasn't a bad turnout, with somewhere between 10 and 15 people running cars. Good mix of cars too, with 3 of us running petrol 1/5, a selection of 1/8 brushless and nitro, plus a few smaller cars