• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noob alert! Did I buy the wrong car!

PastyPowered

First of all I'm new to all that's nitro rc so go easy!

Im 30 now and maybe having a midlife crisis went and bought a nitro rc car - a Kyosho inferno neo to be precise. It's BIG fun and I love it but I'm already pining for a HPI Firestorm and I don't know why. Maybe its the rwd and wider stance look?

My kyosho's been great btw. Only replaced a pull start (inexperience of starting a new flooded engine) and the cheapo plastic spur.

Im a bit gutted because I paid more than

You cant buy the wrong car so to speak, more of what are you prepared to live with lol

thing is, youll say "ill sell one and get the other" but then you dont sell it, then you buy another car anyway, then 2 becomes 3 and then 3 becomes 4 and then 4 becomes a divorce 

That sounded like something your dad would say....I agree with him. :)

Ask yourself one question: are YOU happy with the Kyosho?

If you answered

Im 30 now and maybe having a midlife crisis went and bought a nitro rc car - a Kyosho inferno neo to be precise. It's BIG fun and I love it but I'm already pining for a HPI Firestorm and I don't know why. Maybe its the rwd and wider stance look?

My kyosho's been great btw. Only replaced a pull start (inexperience of starting a new flooded engine) and the cheapo plastic spur.

That sounded like something your dad would say....I agree with him. :)

Haha nah my dad was more "soooooo you cant go on holiday, about that schumacher mi5 you like" *chucks credit card at shop owner*

You can never buy the "wrong" car. It just becomes a fascination and the more you look, the more you think i have to have one of those.

I started with one, bought another, then bought another with the intention of using parts swapping some over and selling the first, i ended up not selling any and am still "tinkering", i then thought, hmmm i need a 1/5, so went out and bought and FG, now having played around with a Baja, im thinking i need one of those too.....but i would have to sell something else....would that happen, probably not, but I would use that as the reason to get another, but never do so.

I see a lot of people rant and race about the firestorm. Have never driven one myself or paid attention to one at a bash. But as said above keep the Kyosho aswell if you can afford to do so.

You may find you miss the point and squirt speed of 4wd and have the option then. Plus a back up car is never a bad idea. Nothing worse than showing up to bash and something silly going wrong and have to go home.

Thanks for the warm replies guys. I was a bit apprehensive about posting but this seems like a friendly forum :)

Looks like I might have to add the firestorm to my collection. Problem is how do I explain to the Mrs that I need another when she knows I can only drive one at a time?!

Advice?

Lol

Thanks for the warm replies guys. I was a bit apprehensive about posting but this seems like a friendly forum :)

Looks like I might have to add the firestorm to my collection. Problem is how do I explain to the Mrs that I need another when she knows I can only drive one at a time?!

Advice?

Lol

just say u were mugged and that's what happened to the cash but on the way home u found it :yes:

You need a different car for different occasions and places. Plus what happens if one breaks and you can't repair it on location?

Let her buy something she wants first to get her in good books. Don't Lie as it will bite you in the ass and she'll already dislike your new hobby before you get sucked too far in like the rest of us

Advice?

Lol

What's to explain?!! If she objects, you've obviously got the wrong wife!

However, if you feel you have to explain, tell her you NEED the Firestorm, but it would be madness to take a

• Like 1

Just dont fix them in the front room or they will get binned like ny losi8 tnb did :s as for a firestorm iv seen them in use and are wicked fast but then i have also see one snap its own crankshaft. Just say to tge missis you promise to sell tge kyosho then get what ever can u decide and then just dont sell the kyosho thats what i do and works every time

Advice?

Lol

All my cars cost no more than a

Edited by Exos