• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Joshyjol's DEX210 & Racing Write Up

Joshyjol

Ribble Valley - 21st March

So back into racing after about 5-6 months out due to the winter (family hols, work etc) and a busy night at Ribble Valley. It was the last meet of the Chris Rand Winter Series so it was quite packed meaning we only got two heats and a final which caused a stir especially with 10 cars per heat meaning little track time and a lot of traffic! But after my break away I qualified 3rd in the C finishing 4th which isn't too bad considering qualifying was hard!

Final results below :)

Picture1nn_zps9d5bfcb7.png

Ribble Valley - 28th March

Back to Ribble and it was a lot quieter this week probably due to the madness of the week before and the fact it was just a club fun night. I have been talking to a friend who races about the fact that most of the buggies there are using foams and they are run just a few MM's off the ground, if there wasn't the couple of little jumps you could run your buggy touching the ground! But thats the local lads and me being me, just use the same set up everywhere, indoor or out haha. It was a good night's racing, back to three heats with only 7 in each heat so a lot better racing and cleaner laps. With it being a bit quieter I made the B final, qualifying 5th and finishing 3rd :)

Results!

9C47554C-AB36-43B4-B3E7-74321204876A_zps 

Plus more red bits!

75EA68D8-85D8-494B-9750-5F715C297B41_zps

05CEE9F6-0E31-4896-A874-17184BB63477_zps

Gotta get her ready for Bury next Sunday, can't wait to go outdoors again! Praying for half decent weather  :36_1_32v[1]:

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no Josh - that just won't do!

Its looking far too smart now so I have to up the game again!

V2 arms ordered and an RDRP +11mm chassis on the way. Thats about all I need to get mine to V2 equivalent spec - all the other stuff I've already changed anyway. I'll order a V2 body and the new grey ball cups when they become available and it will basically be a V2.

Oh, and do come and try the new track. Its even better than it looks!

Edited by Si Coe

Oh no Josh - that just won't do!

Its looking far too smart now so I have to up the game again!

V2 arms ordered and an RDRP +11mm chassis on the way. Thats about all I need to get mine to V2 equivalent spec - all the other stuff I've already changed anyway. I'll order a V2 body and the new grey ball cups when they become available and it will basically be a V2.

Oh, and do come and try the new track. Its even better than it looks!

Got all the tresrey red bits on my shocks now too. Also got a custom one piece +8mm wing mount coming from Europe. Yeah following your thoughts on the V2 spec I am waiting for the new front and rear arms ordered from America. Not sure whether so pursue a change of chassis yet though, I'll see how you get on with the +11mm. 

New track looks awesome, went down and helped Gav a few weeks ago but not seen it finished. I wimped out at the weekend due to the weather which, looking back, wasn't too bad! 

It rained a bit but the track drains so well lap times didn't drop. But it was really dirty so my 210 needed a through strip down and clean to stay shiny....

Edited by Si Coe

Yet more new stuff!

V2 front arms and tresrey cup holders and shock bottoms (Im aware of the missing screw!)

28B79B86-94CF-4245-A940-3ED7D98C355A_zps

Also the +8mm one peice wing mount custom made on a 3d printer from a dude in Europe!

B42AD467-2AEB-47F5-B34A-46BAD73D0637_zps

5C9F6D3A-B43A-422C-AF2F-F6F8A53E307D_zps

Also picked this up for

Only the V2 fronts?

I was actually more interested in the rears, but then I run reversed shocks.

The vented slipper on your spare diff looks nice, but I think the cutaway cover isn't a good idea with the amount of sand at Bury! Strictly for indoors that.

Some good shopping by the looks.

Edited by Si Coe

Only the V2 fronts?

I was actually more interested in the rears, but then I run reversed shocks.

The vented slipper on your spare diff looks nice, but I think the cutaway cover isn't a good idea with the amount of sand at Bury! Strictly for indoors that.

Some good shopping by the looks.

V2 rears haven't arrived yet, they shipped separately from tower hobbies so they'll go on when they get here. Surprisingly they V2 fronts came from a warehouse further away but got here first. 

Yeah just using the vented discs off the spare diff and keeping the rest as spares. Fully aware of the cut away case, guessing the previous owner ran it indoors. On the topic of case covers I did notice Bugle Boy Racing make a clear one or Intech have a transparent red one made for the crappy intech er-12 (rango clone) just wondering if it would fit the 210, they do look similar???

intech-er-12-5.jpg

Edited by Joshyjol

Should fit though the stock hole positions won't line up. Already got a clear one cos I'm running an Avid slipper but that means the best cover (Exotek alloy) won't fit:-(

I had the Exotek alloy gear cover for my 210, I didn't find it a very good fit.

Your buggy is looking awesome Josh, that wing mount looks great :thumbsup:

The wing mount is very cool, the guy who made it/designed it is the same guy who is developing the front wheel drive car on oople, origineelreclamebord  :yes:

John Nolan at Bury has one of those FWD's on order, so he'll be interested in your wing mount. All the 3D printed stuff I've seen so far hasn't been strong enough for RC use but origineelreclamebord says the stuff he is using is. Since the FWD is mostly that stuff Johnny will want to know how you mount holds up!

Fitted my V2 arms - fronts only like yours, rears must be out of stock.

Edited by Si Coe

John Nolan at Bury has one of those FWD's on order, so he'll be interested in your wing mount. All the 3D printed stuff I've seen so far hasn't been strong enough for RC use but origineelreclamebord says the stuff he is using is. Since the FWD is mostly that stuff Johnny will want to know how you mount holds up!

Fitted my V2 arms - fronts only like yours, rears must be out of stock.

Yeah my rears haven't shown up but says they are shipped!

He said that he has only broke one of the mounts and that was a high speed crash on tarmac so that was to be expected. Looks and feels solid so should be good, not sure if I can strengthen it anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Another overdue car update

V2 rears came and are now on! I flipped the shocks as well and ran them like that at Bury on Easter Sunday and last week at Ribble Valley and it seems more stable in the rear and able to carry more speed in the corners. I also fitted the vented slipper disc, new pads and a couple new bearings that needed replacing. 

Also note the new speedo! Speed Passion GT2 Pro. Runs a lot cooler, gives more punch and more speed which is always good. I havent messed with the firmware yet so thats an option but its fine as it is. Only paid

• Like 1

Want to bling my Dex410 for me next?

Loving the car you`ve built there mate. Looks stunning in the red.

• Like 1

Want to bling my Dex410 for me next?

Loving the car you`ve built there mate. Looks stunning in the red.

Sure thing haha

But im sure you could do it, then you'd make it your own. Although the parts on mine are common I tried to personalise it with white turnbuckles to match the white and red shell etc.

Thanks for the nice words, Josh 

So I had my car ready for Ribble on Friday but my lift wasn't going so I bobbed down to Bury on my bike and had a quick play on the track  :thumbsup: (Being very careful not to damage it or anything!)

Put one pack through having a practice then put another in and made this little video. Nicely highlights the new features there I think so be sure to watch it  :) Youtube slayed the video quality so change it to 720p too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQTcJx_CJ8&list=UUO4NFx_MYkZ87ocOu_V2oQw

Cheers, Josh

Edited by Joshyjol