• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finsbury Park track

tezpellet

finsbury park  

13 members have voted

1. 1. what track would work for you in finsbury park ? (if possible)

• 1/10 electric on road track
    • 1/10 electric off road track
    • 1/10 nitro off road track
    • other (please state in thread)

morning chaps 

good to hear a bit of feedback at last, 

ok so i never thought the poll out properly, but with that in mind ask yourself the following 

if you where the parks and gardens manager or what ever the role is, planning officer etc 

would you want noisey cars ragging about the park ? 

im not against nitro for 1 min BUT i think the reality of them allowing nitro is very small, 

i am not discounting the use of them and when i get a response from harringay all classes will be talked about but being realistic about this my gut feeling is that they will not allow nitro due to other park users.

the idea of multi use for bmx/rc is a great idea and could work in everyones favour. 

i have emailed them about 3 weeks ago and im still waiting for a reply ill give them a nudge again this week 

Ideal Mark,

RC tracks are of course great for racing etc....but for bashing...much more open space and interesting features are needed IMO..

and ragging up trees and across big fields is what a lot of people like doing  :tease:  Maybe I'll get a legal letter forfrom kyosho and Hong Nor forbidding me to misuse my RCs...but I'll keep on until that day arrives

Chris your missing the point. Your original statement said that 1/8ths are not suited to a track......REALLY. You have some deep seated aversion to racing and anything that is remotely competitive. Maybe you were the kid who always got picked last at school and hated sport, which now manifests itself in your wishy washy "It's the taking part that counts" philosophy. You have to remember, just as with real motorsport, you wouldn't have half the upgrades or advancements for your RC if it wasn't for the racing aspect of the hobby. Oh and Psychotic if you wanna save yourself

• 4 weeks later...

Not new, we went to action 2001-2003 with backing from 308 hobbies & hobbystores camden for a track / area solely for rc in park, we where successful with approval from harringay council an governing bodys of park, we held 2 official rc events too show/gauge interest again ultra successfull. Just one person decided to put spanner in works an funny how they still feel about rc as its same person who behind non rc at marshes..

wlrc soley electric allowed as behind a school an residential area, i'm there regular an get odd one come with nitro but don't last to long as wreck it within 4 laps lol

Edited by R46