• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Re-Ignition of Hobby - Advice and Information Needed on Xray T4

obious

Hi All,

First let me just say that I've spent a while looking around this forum and signed up today to find out some much needed information.

A little history: I was given a Tamiya TT01 chassis for what I think was my 13-14th birthday around 8-10 years ago and as such the following year I stepped it up a notch by asking for the Tamiya TA04-R chassis. Consequently due to other interests, school, work and University the TA04-R I had was put in a cupboard and had long since been forgotten about until last week when I came across it whilst moving hose. Needless to say, seeing it again immediately re-ignited the enthusiasm I once had for the RC car world and am eager to get back into it.

However, I do have a few questions.

I'm looking at purchasing a new chassis/car kit and so far I'm leaning towards the Xray T4, a friend of mine bought an Xray all those years ago and I was extremely impressed (and jealous) with how light it was compared to my TA04-R and I'm assuming/hoping what I think to be the newest release from Xray still holds true to this value. Is it a good kit though? Is it worth the money? Are the 'pro' of racing chassis' from Tamiya or any other make any better? Also, out of curiosity what is generally considered to be the best chassis kit on the market right now, regardless of price?

I'm also, providing that I do purchase the T4, going to have to buy a new motor, ECU, receiver and steering servo, anybody got any good recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

My TA04-R is below

image.jpeg