• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Blown another motor. Aaarrrgghhh!

WADREW

I have the Vorza and have blown 2 2650 motors running 6s ( which hpi say is ok to run)

So I went back to standard 2200 motor and all was fine until tonight when I took it out for a test run ready for a big bash this Sunday when BOOM it stopped dead again and the motors locked solid. I can't keep buying motors every 2 month aspecially when it shouldn't be doing it as I'm doing nothing wrong. Am I in my rights to contact hpi and demand a new motor and drive shaft as it snapped that too as it ground to a holt?? Had enough now and might just sell it and go back to nitro.

21t pinion on the 2650 motor running 6s, wow I bet that was quick :D

Iirc castle creations only rate the 2650 motor for 5s max, scrap that, I've just checked their site and its saying the 2650 motor is for 4s max.

I've run the 2200 on 6s in many different Rc's and still never killed one, was the esc cutting out from overheating etc ??

I run my vorza's on stock gearing which is a 15t pinion and they still get quite hot after a good bash. What sort of temps have you been getting ?

Im willing to bet he never checked the temps, just ragged the **** out of it. Highest ive ever run my 2650 on is 6s on 46/15 gearing but the leopard I use runs pretty cool, im waiting on my 16t. Im guessing its user error here using a 21t pinion.

Advertising compared to real life my friend.

I've never seen hpi say that ? I thought you'd been told by a hpi employee.

I've just checked hpi's site and it clearly says if using the 2650 combo it's 4s max :(

Even using the 2200 on 6s with a 21t pinion should be a couple of high speed passes only then cool/check temps etc. looks like its user error all round but why would 3 motors go and no esc ?? That's a bit weird.

Edited by Toxic Basher

I've never seen hpi say that ? I thought you'd been told by a hpi employee.

I've just checked hpi's site and it clearly says if using the 2650 combo it's 4s max :(.

I'm not saying its right but Hpi do mention the 2650kv motor on 6s:

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php?partNo=101709&lang=en

Look at option parts used at 73mph on the speed chart.

Thanks.