• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash ultimate upgrades.

Has anyone fitted the traxxas aluminium shock towers to there slash. If so r they better than the stock towers or do they improve the car ie stronger better handling. Are there any other tune ups I can do to improve the handling ,running on 3 s lipo so don't feel like I need more power just want to tune it up to be best I can get it. Used mainly for bashing just ordered some new pro line tyres the x trenchers ,any advice or tips welcome cheers.

Has anyone fitted the traxxas aluminium shock towers to there slash. If so r they better than the stock towers or do they improve the car ie stronger better handling. Are there any other tune ups I can do to improve the handling ,running on 3 s lipo so don't feel like I need more power just want to tune it up to be best I can get it. Used mainly for bashing just ordered some new pro line tyres the x trenchers ,any advice or tips welcome cheers.

I did sway bar upgrade for better handling but you may have them as stock on your version. I use my for bashing mainly too and went for Pro-line power stroke shocks and 60wt and 50wt oil as I'm doing big jumps. With 3s the slash is awesome. :)

Was reading your build thread when I first bought mine and have had a pair of power stroke shocks sitting in my basket on my wheelspin models account now for two months. Am I gonna notice a big difference from the stock traxxas big bore shocks on my ultimate as they are about

I'm waiting for my order of heavier weight shock oil from MS, I broke off one of my front sway bars and bent the standard shock so needed the upgrade. With some huge jumps and big bashing I need some strength!! I havent changed the springs yet, may need to on the power strokes.

Amazingly the standard kit of the hubs etc still going strong! That may have just given them the kiss of death!

Yea the standard towers are fine most of damage to my car is the shell and normal scraps . Was just flicking through the tune up options and saw the aluminium towers and wondered if they would improve the cars performance. Not keen on bigger motor so just the handling was wanting to improve so might get the power strokes if they are better than the big bores for big jumps. Just got paid seem to get itchy fingers when I look at ms web site just trying not to waste money as I tend to buy before thinking...... Come on I can't be the only one who does it.......

I think most people do that mate, I do, always have although have thought more these days before buying! My MS order comes Tuesday so I will get set-up for bashing next weekend. I'm looking forward to getting my new shell, the one I had from stock has done very well!

I won't be replacing motor or esc til they go, they are good although the esc goes red from time to time on 3s.

Got a pro line flo tex shell up in the loft ready for when the stock one is gone another of my itchy finger buys and all the paint going green and black this time. So you would say the power stroke shocks are upgrade from the big bores that come in the ultimate version....if you give them the thumbs up will probably be running them with the new trenchers I'm,waiting on and some shock socks I've been meaning to fit on by next weekends bash time. Lol......god I've got to stop looking at ms site

• Like 1

Got a pro line flo tex shell up in the loft ready for when the stock one is gone another of my itchy finger buys and all the paint going green and black this time. So you would say the power stroke shocks are upgrade from the big bores that come in the ultimate version....if you give them the thumbs up will probably be running them with the new trenchers I'm,waiting on and some shock socks I've been meaning to fit on by next weekends bash time. Lol......god I've got to stop looking at ms site

I'll let you know as soon as. I'm sure some others have run both on here.

Got my proline trenchers yesterday and they are now on and looking mean..... Tiny bit bigger then stock slash so will be round to borrow dads dremel to make rear arches bigger . Also got round to fitting shock socks and outwears cover as previous one from flea bay was not upto the job. Wanting to order proline power shocks but gonna wait till didski gets his fitted on for his opinion. Not considering new shock towers now unless they brake

Proline powerstrokes are very good and a worthwhile investment; I ran them on a slash ultimate, and now on my lcg slash/rally and love 'em. Better response than big bores, more adjustable, look nice and thus far equally durable.

When the electrics bore you, eighth scale set up is a good way forward, 120a + 2650kv + 3/4s = many smiles per mile...

• Like 2

The new shocks are amazing! Ok, so maybe bit too excited there, but there are great. Going to do some proper big tests tomorrow but so far off the skate ramp they take a good beating! Tomorrow I will do some vids if I can get a grub screw for front sway bar, won't be fitting the new shell yet as I need some paint! Looks like the springs that come with them are fine, but I am using 60wt and 50wt.

Edited by Didski

I cant figure out if this topic is about the 2wd or 4wd slash but anyway, i have a "spare" 2250kv motor + HW SC8 esc + a few 4s lipos that i was thinking about putting in a 2wd Slash just for fun.  :thumbsup:

I tried to do some research and it seems like quite a few people use that kind of system in Rustlers for speedruns but i couldnt find anything saying what you need to upgrade. So i was wondering if there is anyone who could give me a brief explaination on if its even possible to fit the big 3674 motor in the back of the Slash and what i need to upgrade in order to run? :)

Thanks in advance, Jonathan 

Edit, just realised that the thread is about the slash ultimate which is 4wd...

Edited by SuperSvahnen-