• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

depends where u run I spose.

I've left mine off following the rebuild, bar one ten min blast at NDOR i've only ever ran mine on our indoor carpet track.  Looking forward to getting back next weekend as with Hols and work I haven't raced in ages.

Might look into that HK servo too, my stock one has served admirably for the last year though the added speed  will be a bonus.  

Does anyone know if the "CVD" driveshafts will work in the rear of the EMB-1? I lost drive to one rear wheel earlier, started to work out how to remove the diff and then saw the pin had come out of the end of one of the rear driveshafts. The CVD ones seem easier to find as spares. I have some GT14B ones but annoyingly they are a tad longer.

Having put a few packs through the car earlier, I'm really pleased how quick it is even with a basic NIMH battery, much quicker than my smaller lighter Spino brushless. Crazy fast on lipo too..., and the motor doesn't even get hot (unlike the Spino). It handles really nicely - I'm really pleased with it overall. Some of the little Allen bolts are made of soft metal, apart from that it's been great. It was a bit understeery for my liking but adding sway bars - thicker at the rear - really helped that.

CVD's will fit on front and rear axles, remember they come in singles you have to get 2 Not sure you will be able to find stock other than HK ebay sellers - :(

The pin that goes through is it the same size as the hex pins if it is probably better to get some wheel hex's and use the pin. Hope that makes sense

Edited by Fontie

cvd's now also come as a 2 pack.  different part number too.

I have never seen them in a pack of 2, bet they are the same price though as buying 2 separate. Strike that just seen them pn L6126. Just ordered a set from RCmart came out cheaper than buying 1 from the UK. You can never have to many spares lol

Edited by Fontie

CVD's will fit on front and rear axles, remember they come in singles you have to get 2 Not sure you will be able to find stock other than HK ebay sellers - :(

The pin that goes through is it the same size as the hex pins if it is probably better to get some wheel hex's and use the pin. Hope that makes sense

Cheers - I have ordered a pair of CVD shafts from Hong Kong and a pair of generic 66mm dogbones from the US - it does not seem to be a common size - shall see what arrives first! At least it was not the diff, which I was convinced it was when one rear could be rotated independent of the other....

I'll try getting some sort of pin in the old one but I doubt I have the skill to make it stay there....

Edited by jehosophat

Annoyingly the non-LC 66mm dogbones I ordered did not fit, despite looking almost identical to the stock ones - the ball at the end was just too big to fit the cups. $20 not well spent, but it was worth a punt since stuff from the US always seems to get here faster than from the far east. Happily the CVD's arrived soon after and work well on the rear. Sanity restored now this car - by far my favourite - is running again. I found the complete screw set for peanuts as well, which is good news given the metal "quality" of some of the stock ones. 

At the risk of being told to read all 70 pages of this, are there any decent quality ball (or other "liomited slip") diffs that people have used on the rear and felt were worth it? 

• 1 month later...

dumb question - is the rear tyre set the same as the front tyre set?

Just ordering something from Asiatees and was going to bump the order up with some tyres for the buggy but they only stock the rear set?