• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scotland's Big discussion 2013

Rusty1103

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread here.

I've a few RC models in need of repair and building just now but be good to meet up with some of you from nearby Glasgow area.
I'm from down Dumbarton way and it's all off road RC's. I've a couple of friends who are from nearby with RC's as well but don't use the forum.

The latest model i've been running recently until i broke a driveshaft the other day was an SCX10 Honcho, with 2.2's and a 12t 550 motor so it's not quite fast enough for stuff like bathgate BMX track, i've found a few really good spots nearby for trail type rigs

There is a big rc meet organised on the 22nd Jan up at Beecraigs Country Park Bathgate, this meet is more for crawler's scx10 or trail rigs ect.

Your scx10 Honcho should have a 35t motor in it, if you need any help or info just ask or bring your trail trucks along. There is all ways guys willing to help out.

Check out rc scale Scotland on Facebook, am not on Facebook sorry

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RcROB said:

There is a big rc meet organised on the 22nd Jan up at Beecraigs Country Park Bathgate, this meet is more for crawler's scx10 or trail rigs ect.

Your scx10 Honcho should have a 35t motor in it, if you need any help or info just ask or bring your trail trucks along. There is all ways guys willing to help out.

Check out rc scale Scotland on Facebook, am not on Facebook sorry

Thanks, i found the group on Facebook now and sent a join request.
I'll see if i can get my rig patched up for 22nd december but sadly it's just crunched a front driveshaft and i don't have spares just now and limited funds...

The 12t 550 motor just now is because it's been running on mostly flat beaches just now it gives it enough wheel speed to be fun kicking up some dirt and getting a little air under it. Not very scale i know, but i sometimes run a Tamiya 27T dirt tuned motor and lower gearing for more scale driving.

That's awesome! Thanks very much. I have quite a few motors for more scale driving and i might be able to pinch a driveshaft off my AX10 to use on the SCX10 as well.

All i need to do now is get my 1:1 car sorted for it's MOT!

• 2 weeks later...
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

South Warwickshire Rural Neighbourhood Watch37 year old male from Stratford upon Avon arrested on suspicion of Drone related offences

On Monday 23rd January 2017 PCSO Andy Steventon and I attended a residential address in Stratford upon Avon and arrested the 37 year old occupant on suspicion of committing offences under the Air Navigation Order 2016.

The property was searched and two drones seized along with computing, mobile telephone and digital storage equipment.

The arrest came about following the discovery of videos uploaded to the Internet showing drone flights taking place across congested areas and close to airfields of South Warwickshire.

The arrested male has been bailed until mid-February with conditions not to possess, use or be involved in the flight of a UAV (Drone).

If you own a drone please read through our post at http://tinyurl.com/jptz72j to familiarise yourself with the main points of law surrounding drones under current legislation.

Updates will follow once the investigation is complete.

PC1681 Craig Purcell
Shipston Police Safer Neighbourhood Team

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things are going good, we have bought a house up here now with a huge garage/workshop for all my toys. I had the baja at the beach a few times and the hyper at a local quarry, also got a phantom 4 pro. Missing running at Bathgate !

Screenshot_20170726-155644.jpg

Edited by Chris1978
Missed a bit