• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

Looking good smash :thumbsup:

To be honest, I was looking at the same body shell for my ST4 just like you, to add the personal touch.

Looking forward to this.

What do you have in mind as for paint scheme?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

probably tamiya lame backed with white and some custom decals also, I really fancy doing a window tint too, gonna order the paint etc this weekend so it should be done for next weekend

Pics to follow..

Edited by smash

Just took her out for a shakedown after doing the diffs etc and Damn if I haven't fallen in love all over again, these trucks are just a superb platform, so planted and predictable at speed and set up to my tastes at still able to get a decent drift though a corner and a power wheelie at full chat.. Chuffing excellent truck! :D

Sounds about right just a shame the spares are so hit and miss here in the UK or i think Thunder Tiger would be a force to be reckoned with ..

well i just bought back all the spares I got for my mt4 so I'm sorted for the time being, btw I have a spare complete mt4 shocker here that I don't need, do you want it? Foc of course.. Pm me your address if so and I'll pop it in a jiffy bag..

Heya lads here's is my freshly painted bulldog, not much of a head turner granted but I fancied something simple this time round, tried to give it the storm trooper look.. Cant really decide whether or not I like it.

Used tamiya pearl white and pactra window tint and some decals applied inside the body before painting..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes the simple jobs just look right and this is one of them cases nice job..

Are those actual stickers or just printed paper ? Did you apply anything to them before paint?

cheers rich, they're all vinyl cut, the only ones on he inside are imperial insignia and text which is mirror cut to read right from the inside, saves a lot of time on masking and painting..

Heya fella, what's your current set up? Generally if you are wanting more power to get into the rear wheels you run the lightest oil in the rear diff as the power will follow the line of least resistance, I run 100k front, 300k centre and 50k rear.. Works a treat for me..

Can't remember what sort of oil I used :030: I must have been drunk by that time, anyways, thanks for the tip buddy :thumbsup: . Need to buy them oils now and will get back to you. Cheers

Heya bud this was posted in another thread but I thought you may find it useful

Posted Image

• Like 1

Took this sucker out in the park yesterday, sry for the camera angle, I was alone... in the dark

No breakages, apart from one dead dog....

They do fly well don't they ;) myself and carlton went for a bash yesterday and I'm so pleased every time I use this truggy it gets better and better..

I really rate TT, dunno why most people are saying "they are ok". I think the likes of the tomohawk buggy and tomohawk st let them down cause they are the low end range and most people don't want to spend a little bit more for quality. Like the EB4 and the ST4.

Rather have my EB4 than a bandwagon hyper, Fo sho!

• Like 2

My ST4 is a tank. Apart from a rear shock who died on day one, absolutely no breakage since then. So was my EB4... I have no worlds to describe how good this car is for what you pay.

I guess so many people are just afraid of the low spares availability , but they don t know one important thing... You don't need spares :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

My ST4 is a tank. Apart from a rear shock who died on day one, absolutely no breakage since then. So was my EB4... I have no worlds to describe how good this car is for what you pay.

I guess so many people are just afraid of the low spares availability , but they don t know one important thing... You don't need spares :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

lol well said that man, I bought an st1 and stripped it for spares, I still have a whole trucks worth minus one cvd pin and one rear toe block :D

In the rare event that you do need spares there's always phils hobby shop in the states and most of it is on your doorstep within a week..