• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage shocks ?

revorussell

Hey Russell,

The Flux shocks are the same ones as on the new Savage X - the Big Bores (part number HPI 102365).

The older X's and previous models had 8 smaller bore shocks though, which you don't want.

Hope that helps :) 

• Like 1

in my opinion i prefer the smaller 8 shocks as u can muck around with diff weight oils in them nd they dont seam to bottom out as much as the big bores altho now ive got a set of big bores as well as 4 of the original ones on and they seem to hold out quite well 

Hey Russell,

The Flux shocks are the same ones as on the new Savage X - the Big Bores (part number HPI 102365).

The older X's and previous models had 8 smaller bore shocks though, which you don't want.

Hope that helps :)

Cheer's fella  :thumbsup:

in my opinion i prefer the smaller 8 shocks as u can muck around with diff weight oils in them nd they dont seam to bottom out as much as the big bores altho now ive got a set of big bores as well as 4 of the original ones on and they seem to hold out quite well

Try some lst2 shocks on it buddy just fitted some to mine and there great

I dont mean to hijack the thread but ive been tempted by a set of these for my Savage X 4.6. Now i know Integy dont have the best rep in the world, but could they be good? they look just like the JunFac versions but will actually fit my RC.

Stay well clear of integy shocks!!!!!  They are for show only! Some Integy stuff isn't to bad. It all looks really pretty but i bought some Integy piggy backs and they were awful! They leaked from day one and if you show them anything more than a drop off a curb they will more than likely bottom out. 

I read all the reviews and peoples comments and thought ahhh they cant be that bad... they are. stay well clear.

Losi LST shocks with the IRC shock mounts are the way to go. 

Even better than that is IRC V2 shocks

http://www.innovative-rc.com/complete-innovative-silver-anodized-savage-shocks-p-649.html + fitting kit 

http://www.innovative-rc.com/shock-savage-with-arms-p-321.html

These are the best shocks going by all accounts and i will be upgrading to them very soon. If you buy cheap intergy like i did  :whistling:  you will end up doing the job twice. 

The HPI alloy big bores are nice shocks, but IMO if you're paying that much you might as well pay that bit more and go for the IRC shocks, unless the extra weight bothers you.