• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Feedtheinferno's Baja 5B only one now :)

Feedtheinferno

Thanks Paul.

I have been attempting that with the Dremel and most of them wont budge at all, its hard to get it deep because most of them are flat headed and without completely cutting into the surrounding areas there's no way of making the cuts deeper.

It's a shame I wasn't told about the chassis more like. I am bothered by it a lot because even though its holding at the moment I want to take it apart and in doing so if the complete from of the chassis comes off I need a new chassis really.

My car has a few extended cuts from removing screws, just call them battle scars. You jus need to be able to get a a broad tip in there nice and deep.

Oh for sure, I would be so annoyed if I found that out from buying 2nd hand. If it is in a 2 pieces and you don't want to buy a new chassis yet, just put it back the way you found it?

I seen it before you got it and it didn't appear to be cracked.

The chassis can still break even with the brace on.

As for removal of the bolts a knock in torzs bit normally does the trick for me

• Like 1

Tried again at the screws with the above suggestion and still nothing....I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do about all these screws.

For now I'm going to leave it for tonight as I think the frustration isn't helping. To be honest the chassis isn't the end of the world its these bloody rounded screws! :)

I seen it before you got it and it didn't appear to be cracked.

The chassis can still break even with the brace on.

As for removal of the bolts a knock in torzs bit normally does the trick for me

Before anyone says anything This Baja used to be mine and Feedtheinferno bought it from me  :yes:

Stebro is 100% correct.

I was also not aware the chassis was cracked as when i had it it had never been stripped down since i bought it.

As for people saying the brace must have been added to cover the crack your full of turd i bought the brace not long after buying the baja and the chassis was perfect also if you notice theres some yellow that was the under chassis tray that was on it too to look after the chassis.

As for the rounded bolts did or did i not say i didnt know how many could be rounded? and they may be hard to get out due to the fact of using loads of blue threadlock on almost every nut and bolt and this shows it does its job perfect  :shockingscary:

Listen anyway if you aint happy stick it back the way it was even with the cracked chassis ill send you the

Edited by hebby
  • Like 1

Before anyone says anything This Baja used to be mine and Feedtheinferno bought it from me  :yes:

Stebro is 100% correct.

I was also not aware the chassis was cracked as when i had it it had never been stripped down since i bought it.

As for people saying the brace must have been added to cover the crack your full of turd i bought the brace not long after buying the baja and the chassis was perfect also if you notice theres some yellow that was the under chassis tray that was on it too to look after the chassis.

As for the rounded bolts did or did i not say i didnt know how many could be rounded? and they may be hard to get out due to the fact of using loads of blue threadlock on almost every nut and bolt and this shows it does its job perfect  :shockingscary:

Listen anyway if you aint happy stick it back the way it was even with the cracked chassis ill send you the

I dont think feedtheinferno is complaining, and some are being a touch harsh, but then we do like a good witchhunt here it seems :P  My comment was a generalisation about buying second hand, the car does look lovely as i previously stated :P

Yeah I understand as he said he wasn't unhappy with the seller ( me ) but I did mention everything I poss could about what was wrong with the car without a full strip down.

Yeah I admited there were a few rounded but as I said in pm I was unsure I there was anymore without me trying to unscrew each am every one!

Don't get me wrong it wasn't bran new and it was well used but I can assure anyone inc the buyer if it had a cracked chassis I defo wouldn't have sold it as I was in two minds anyway :-/

I said why biddable problems it had it was shown running and I explained it had been In my shed for ages as last time I had it out in a year was a few month ago and ask Stebro he snapped the pull start so I couldn't get it started anyway so it went back in my shed until it was sold and the day before I stripped the top half and checked it run and fitted a new air filter and pull start. Got a quick vid and showed the buyer.

As said I don't mind If he's unhappy I'll gladly buy it back ;-)

Guys (especially hebby) I'm not complaining about the bajas previous owner I'm showing my annoyance with certain parts of the baja. As I said I don't care about how I received it because I didn't pay that much for it and hebby helped me a lot.

I'm just trying to share my experience. If I was trying to make hebby look bad I would actively do it. Not once have I mentioned any of this is his fault and not once have I said I want a refund for anything.

I won't bother posting my experiences if everyone gets their knickers in a twist every time I say anything bad.

I suppose lets clear this up now.

I AM PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH HOW I RECEIVED THE BAJA FROM HEBBY. ANY ISSUES ARE MINE AS THE BAJA IS NOW MINE.

Back to the baja, I am getting some help this weekend in getting the rounded screws out.

• Like 1

Mate don't mind you posting anything at all :-) if you wanna call me a nob call me a nob I'm a big boy :-) but this thread was startin to point towards me selling you a dodgy Baja :-/ not saying you in person but it was all

Sounding wrong but that may be me just taking it wrong as black and white writin has no emotions ;-)

As said I you need any help/info pm me ill be glad to help.

And mate I never sold you that Baja knowing the chassis was cracked or you would not be sat with it cos I would

Just stripped it like the blackout and sold bit by bit.

I tried my best to let you know what was wrong without stripping an I also answered every question with an honest answer.

Oh an 1 thing....... It does look good in them vids ;-) what do you think of the power towards what your used to? You had full

Speed runs yet?

I know hebby and I appreciate all the help you have given me I am just pointing out what's going wrong for me and from that I'm going to show what I do t fix it.

In this case a kraken chassis came up cheap along with a load of screws so I wanted to mention I am changing them.

The crack in the chassis could have happened any time (even in transit) so I don't care where it happened its just happened and I want to document me changing it :D

Yeah it's faster than I'm used too, I haven't had it to full speed because I have only had it out that one day due to work and it needed high end tuning but I had forgot all of my screwdrivers :P

So after I have fitted the new chassis,

Which screws wont come out?

Plus not sure the chassi brace will go on with a kraken chassis but i may be wrong