• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What was your first RC ?

brad8324

Hi guys,

searched the forum but i didn't find anything like this... So 

What was your first RC ? pics are welcome !

i think mine was a Mardave Mini when I was 6 Years old  :xd:  unfortunately not got any pics at this moment in time but i remember it was orange with a white stripe going down the middle (i called it a racing stripe !)

chose my christmas pressie when i was about 12...kyosho scorpion...parents wrapped it up and of course i sneakily teased apart the paper and built the rolling chassis....then put the box back up on the wardrobe..

they found my construction christmas eve under my bed....I burst into tears when confronted with the damming evidence....

It was the sign of things to come..I knew nothing about RC or electrics so numerous trips to my local grumpy LHS got the thing running eventually..

I think it ran about twice in all its life, diff stripped..(no spares avaialble) dog bones fell out....I raced it at the local club the one time it was working...with 1 wheel drive !

It ended up as a fake piece of work for my craft design technology project (just the chassis rails)

My mark was a "U" ungraded  :xd:

• Like 1

Yes, I found it (well what is was online)

A Nikko Cosmo 5! Was rock solid, never broke but sadly never used it for its true potential.

• Like 1

Tamiya Hotshot (Christmas present and birthday combined that year)...I wish I still had it or even some pics of it :-(

Edited by y2blade

A Tamiya Baja champ! I sprayed it bright orange. I still have it's remnants about the work shop from 15 odd years ago!

tamiya58221-480x320.jpg

Edited by RC Freaks