• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:18 Ripmax Husky

My Savage XL with Trencher X's was longer and wider than a MTE, and is probably as big as you'll get for a 1/8th Scale Monster Truck. It looks like a micro next to my X...

4C2434B3-F2B0-41FB-ABEE-7059303308E4_zps

Trust me the X is incomparable to 1/8th scale monsters. Not better or worse  but not comparable IMO.

But back to the mini trucks ha. 

Traxxas upgraded pinion and crown gears have been avaliable for a while, but I'm heavily geared and not needed them yet....

Edited by Guns

Hi everyone. Been reading this thread with interest as my 16 year old daughter has just got into RC cars. Thought my days of fiddling with models were over when my son grew out of them.

She has an ECX Roost and I purchased the Coyote so we could race around together. So far both cars have spent more time on the bench than on the Tarmac. But for me that's half the fun. I've modified tha Coyote already as I didn't like the hinge idea at the front as any impact goes right back through the body shell and the first impact it took broke the front bumper.

I've noticed various options mentioned for going brushless with this model but so far everything I've looked at has worked out at more than the car cost me in the first place. Is this right or can it be done more cost effectively? I've even looked at buying the Dromida 1/18 DB brushless rtr which is basically the same car I believe.

George J, re your husky ground clearance, have you tried repositioning the ends of the shocks. I did this successfully with the rear of my Coyote. There are different positions where they can be fitted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone any ideas about this....

When I use throttle it moves steering slightly left/right, even with no throttle the steering is flicking left right. Eventually it stops, steering works ok. Made sure batteries are charged so guessing a problem with ESC? Hopefully the description make some semse, I could add a video if it helps.

Cheers

Neil

EDIT

Dissasembled it and the motor had seized, unseized it and running fine.....deep joy :)

Edited by The_JinJ

• 1 month later...

Hi guy does any one of you sell a faulty (or that you no longer need) original transmitter for this model? The throttle potentiometer of my transmitter is faulty and I don't know where to get such a potentiometer...

Thank you!

IMG_20170315_140832.jpg

IMG_20170315_141239.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 05/08/2016 at 08:44, RocketMan said:

George J, re your husky ground clearance, have you tried repositioning the ends of the shocks. I did this successfully with the rear of my Coyote. There are different positions where they can be fitted.

Did this make much difference? I agree, the Husky is really good for the money but for the woods where it spends 95% of its time additional ground clearance would be hugely beneficial.

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread as thought it was better than staring a new one.

Bought the kids a husky and a jackal for xmas and have used them only about 10 times and had the throttle turned down to about half on the last run I turned them up a bit as they are getting better at driving them but within 15 minutes both of them had burnt the motors out...

I am running them on 2200mah 2S lipos just for runtime as much as anything, I have fitted a new motor to one of them today and after 1-2 minutes driving it outside the motor measure 60C with no shell on... so obliviously its going to get hotter during prolonged use. Anyone know what temperate is normal/safe?

Anything I can do to keep it cooler? gear it down or if anyone has successfully used a better brushed motor im all ears just want to keep them going and be reliable not bothered about speed

I dont want to convert to brushless as changing radio gear etc just makes it a pointless for how much these things cost.