• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tenshock X802L V2 2200kv

nitroracerdan

Hey guys, I know I have already asked this in my other thread but didn't get a response.

Looking to order the said motor tomorrow but just want to double check it will work fine on 5/6s? 

http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/product-565-TENSHOCK+X802L+V2+1%3A8+RC+TRUGGY++6+POLE+BRUSHLESS+CAR+MOTOR+%28FREE+SHIPING%29.html

And if it's a wise choice for the price range? Will be ordering as a combo with the Xerun 150a esc but obviously if there's a better motor out there for the same price I would like to know.

Thanks! 

Whats it going into

a lot of peeps seem to go for the lower kv motors these days

but if a cc 2200kv can power the 1/5 savage sc then in my opinion it can handle anything 1/8

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies, going in to my Lightning stadium pro conversion. Probably going to start on 5s but good to know that it can handle 6 :)

Also I don't know to much about the whole KV stuff, I just assumed 2200kv would be best, am I wrong? 

Edited by nitroracerdan

Thanks for the replies, going in to my Lightning stadium pro conversion. Probably going to start on 5s but good to know that it can handle 6 :)

Also I don't know to much about the whole KV stuff, I just assumed 2200kv would be best, am I wrong? 

Depends whether you are building a speed machine or an everyday basher really.

As a rule, the higher the kv rating, the lower the voltage you use & vicerversa. For everyday use you may find that 4s is more than fast enough ( ~40mph ), saving 5/6s for speed runs or places where you have masses of space and no obstacles as such.