• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 Brushless Buggy

Went in the park today cause the weather was absolute awesome. The amount of fun I have had with these truggy tires was again, absolute awesomeness and now I'm afraid I am going to die because of too much awesomeness in one single day.

There was though a little thing a bit awesome-less, the fact that because of the CRAZY tire ballooning, when turning the car, tires rubbed the shell really bad so I had to be extremely careful with the throttle in corners. So this, practically saved me from dyeing because of the exaggerate amount of awesomeness.

This is how it looks like with my new (expensive :shockingscary: ) T-Bone Bumpers :030: like a proper basher should look like :hahadance:

DSC_0133.jpgDSC_0134.jpgDSC_0136.jpg

Well,another eventful day :)

Nothing that interesting but while I was running I side swiped a kerb so hard it launched the car up into the air.

When it landed it was totally unresponsive even though I thought I had probably just broke the steering servo at first nothing worked at all.

Anyway,got home and it would appear all that had happened was it had un-bound itself from the transmitter somehow?

No idea why that had happened but it is fixed and all is well.

The Nandas work great on grass but you may as well be on ice using them on road :)

Filling the diffs with oil has helped a lot in reducing the front tyres balloning to dramitically although once again a wheel started to come loose,I did spot it this time though before it came totally off and I lost another wheel nut.

Edited by smeghead28

You don't like your buggy anymore?

Yeah,thats why I want the MT,more of the same :)

Spent some time trying to keep some of the muck and dirt out of the radio box.

Cut up some old milk carton to do this.

58005663.jpg

The one gap is above the ESC so the fan can still work,the other is over were the top of the batteries are.

And when its on.

84973767.jpg

Dont know if you can see very well in this picture but I have used the mud guards I took off my Losi SCTE to make some protection for the rear drive shafts.

Also put this little piece in front of the receiver so when the top deck is on it is virtually sealed rather than the gap that was there before.

13587286.jpg

Edited by smeghead28

Seems like a good mod, but I have a question:

Why so clean ?! :P

I've ordered a new fan for the ESC (stock one got stuck because of a small rock and eventually died then ESC entered in thermal protection), some diff oil and a 12T pinion cause with these wheels I've got now, the motor gets pretty hot...

Edited by catalin4u24

Seems like a good mod, but I have a question:

Why so clean ?! :P

I've ordered a new fan for the ESC (stock one got stuck because of a small rock and eventually died then ESC entered in thermal protection), some diff oil and a 12T pinion cause with these wheels I've got now, the motor gets pretty hot...

If you had seen it this morning you wouldn't be questioning how clean it is :)

Been used and then spent an hour or so getting the worst of the muck off.

I only ran for 10-15 mins today though before I had an issue so didnt have chance to get it that dirty.

Well,another eventful day :)

Nothing that interesting but while I was running I side swiped a kerb so hard it launched the car up into the air.

When it landed it was totally unresponsive even though I thought I had probably just broke the steering servo at first nothing worked at all.

Anyway,got home and it would appear all that had happened was it had un-bound itself from the transmitter somehow?

No idea why that had happened but it is fixed and all is well.

The Nandas work great on grass but you may as well be on ice using them on road :)

Filling the diffs with oil has helped a lot in reducing the front tyres balloning to dramitically although once again a wheel started to come loose,I did spot it this time though before it came totally off and I lost another wheel nut.

Strange incident of seeming to loose its bind after quite a bump into a kerb.

Well I wasn't going to clean it till Thursday but it was a quiet day :)

Wheels still keep coming loose,might have to see about some nuts with the serrations on the back to see if they grip any better.

on my mt4 g3, i put the stock nuts in a clamp (ouch) and dremmeled some slots in with a cutting disc. now my nuts stay tight.

Edited by collective itch

Just bought one of these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/thunder-tiger-st4-g3/rc-car-categories/59/9900/990010&ChassisID=988

Probably not the wisest move as it will leave me with next to nothing with a week to go before pay day.

I was waiting for the MT4 but the back in stock date keeps slipping so I went with the truggy instead.

Paid the extra for Saturday delivery as well so should be abe to run it Sunday :)

So you're now officially a fan of the EB4 chassis :)

Can't blame you buddy, it's an awesome chassis.

I'll stick to my buggy for now and when I Feel the need for truggy I'll just put the hub extenders and the truggy wheels on ;) Low cost conversion huh?! :D

Well I have had the buggy apart a few times already so I know how it ticks quite well.

I am on holiday next week and away for a few days so will get some tinker time when I get back.