• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 Brushless Buggy

Hmm... this is not good.

Should I check mine as well?

Up to you :)

I only looked cause I didn't think the front wheels should be doing that,I don't know if I have helped to stop it or not,only time will tell.

There was some grease in there but not much.

I will also open up the other diffs at some point as they spin very easily as well.

Center diff will always send more power to the less traction wheels, in your case the front wheels. I'm guessing you saw this happening when you were accelerating, but this is good for the diffs cause its not to much stress for them when in torque. If you fill with a high density oil/grease in the center diff the power to the rear diff will be sent more brutal and can result in rear diff failure.

You know what. I am going to leave it just like that, factory stock. I wont even open the center diff to see what's in there. If something goes wrong, it will be a good lesson to learn, till then, why bother :P

I ordered a cheap HK 100a ESC. 50$ including a programming card ;) . I was thinking to buy the 150a one, capable of 6s but you know what, I simply don't need more speed... I just need more time to go out and beat the crap out of this buggy :). I'll let you know how it goes when it arrives ;). This is still an upgrade though... the stock esc is only 80a :P

• Like 1

Cracked open the front diff last night,guess what,no a lot of lubrication of any kind in there,some remains of some horrible looking grease but not much else.

Filled that with oil as well,only rear one to go.

I did have a brief run last night and the front wheels/tyres do appear to be less tortured than they were.

Still waiting for that HK esc :(

I dont think you will get it that quick :)

Oil filled all the diffs now,will have to see how it goes in a week or so time when I get to run it properly.

Also turned up the steering rate via the transmitter to 100% instead of 80% and it seems to turn much tighter now.

It's from the UK warehouse mate, shouldn't take to much...

What oil did u use for the diffs?

I had some left from the Exo build.

20,000 front and centre and 10,000 in the rear.

No real practical reason why I chose that combination other than I did 5,000 in the front and centre and 3,000 in the rear in my Losi SCTE so I copied that set up just with the heavier oil I already had.

I have read somewhere of people putting much heavier weights in Thunder Tiger diffs though.

It seems like my luck is quite gone. No receivers available in uk for the Carson Reflex Pro 2 Lcd. But a dude reviewed the Maverick Mrx - 242 2.4 Ghz 3ch Receiver and he said this:

I use it with my Carson Reflex Pro II, 100% compatible...here r some tips for using it. First, connect it with other electronics, then turn the power on, then press (actually thrust ) the small hole (written as "bind" ), and then turn on your transmitter, Done ! Successfully bind !

Should I give it a try?

Very tempted, both buggies look spot on. What run times are you getting with 4s and 100A esc?

Where did the Nandas come from, could do with some of those for my Hyper!

Edited by LostFerWords

I honestly get about 40 to even 50 min of run time with 2 x zippy flightmax 6000mah 50c ! Amazing run time I must say... Yesterday I played about 25-30min and only 2800mah was the recharge amount ;)

Nanda's here my friend :

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/nanda-racing-1-8th-nanda-block-tyres-on-black-dish-wheel/rc-car-products/32603