• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anywhere around the Rochdale/Oldham/Bury area?

Mate id be up for jacking somebodys massive garden at the min am that bored of the same old crap!

Ans same here id just have the trophy and the exo.

But prob only get a single run from each as only have 2 x 2s for the trophy and 2 x 2s for the exo but think one lipos is knackered for the exo as it fully charges but once i put it in the exo just doesnt have any power to run but the other one does that exact same lipo but doesnt last long either or maybee it just cant handle the Sc8-WP and Tenshock sc401 :sly: There nosram 5300mah 25c any ideas anyone?

the others i use in the trophy work perfect on the exo and there gens ace 5800mah 45c

Edited by hebby
  • Like 1

that place in the vid looks good heb, is it big? think this is one of them at the top of huddersfield roadScreenshot_11_zps936455d9.png

Edited by bobby288

I am only wanting to stay local really

i thought that was what we are doing. the point of a sepperate thread... i reckon the quarry idea is good and the vid where hebby was also looked good but might not be big enough, you guys know up that way better than me, and i think the little stones where a bit of a pain bum in the last place me and hebby went (also not very local to oldham/rochdale) Edited by bobby288

Only place i could think of decent enough were it isnt gonna be like a pond is that BMX track but wont know how many kids are there till we get there :shockingscary: as said lads im up for anywere really ( local )

If the BMX track is busy guys make your way over to Hareshill Road, there's an area that's used for training heavy plant operators (empty on a Saturday/Sunday) don't look on Google Maps the image is ancient if you do look its the area that looks like it has some sort of track cut into it, it hasn't its all flat hard packed dirt with a fair few mounds, the trainees move the earth around constantly so no promises on numbers :whistling: . If you approach from the Pilsworth Road end its just after the industrial complex on the opposite side of the road. Can be wet if its rained but its been okay the past couple o' days.

Edited by ebo

sounds perfect and the weather is supposed to hold up all weekend, are you coming ebo? so you can show us the way.. if not u got a post code please

i really think we need a back up plan as the kids were there last week an the weather was poo.

I can't this weekend I've got gymnastics and Blackpool on Saturday with younger kids and lunch with my medical student (soooo proud :wub: ) older daughter on Sunday. Make sure any results get posted though Bobby so I can bash vicariously through you guys :thumbsup:

i rekon your idea of the bmx track, then if there are loads of kids we can go to this other spot or what ever. do any of you guys know where ebo is on about? i think this is it?Screenshot_1_zpse0f6ba2e.png

Edited by bobby288

That is exactly the area Bobby! There's a huge area, where it shows grass on the left of that (ancient) image, of hard standing, should be great for bashing and there's room to park 4 or 5 cars by the entrance. Postcode is OL102RQ mate

Whats the ground like? dont wanna get too muddy :shockingscary:

And is it suitable for 1/8 and 1/10? Think im just gonna bring the Exo and the Trophy but need to be able to charge Lipo's as will be sharing 2 x 2s between them as others arent powerful enough to run the Exo :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: