• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Roller Have i BOUGHT....Yep i have done lol

Mr Drifta

As ive said in a previous thread i want the best of both worlds like we all do lol...

A strong chassis that CAN also hold its head up on a track, is a Quality machine as i really do like to see precision, you know a thing of beauty not some solid mass of injection moulded plastic lol...

It Has to have good spares backup, and ideally below

• Like 1

Very very much appreciated 46 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So my short list is as follows

Losi 8 2.0 RTR as it is cracking value, Cracking reciever/transmitter for the doe..only servo's and motor to refine once they are baked, and then its spec her up...Or..

Losi EU as i can build/spec...advice appreciated on motor options..

Or by no means least The Hyper 9.

This would be the basher no question if i go the straight out basher route.

Am i right in thinking the SS is a softened version of the 9 then, only asthetic changes made, it dont seem as geared to HARD CORE use/abuse as the 9 does...?

The Mugen i have to say is stunning!! BUT id need a mortgage to complete, but MY GOD i want her, thats the dream machine for me..OMFG what a dream that would be to achieve, sadlythough i really cant justify

hyper 9 is a racer nothing to do with ss, the ss is in hy7 pond tbh nothing from hy9 is useable on ss iirc hy7 parts are shared on ss

Edited by R46
  • Like 1

There are many combinations you could try. Are you wanting brand spankers, or are you prepared to go 2nd hand? You may find some 2nd hand race bred models going reasonably cheap over at MB, but they get snapped up quick so you need to be on the ball. They normally have Mugen, Losi, Durango, D8 etc cropping up fairly regularly.

I ran an 8ight 2.0b with an STS .21 and some Ansmann wheels. It was quick and flew so flat through the air I barely had to touch the controls. JE have a good deal on the kit at the moment too. Of course I am biased because I owned one though, so if I were you I would go with your gut.

But my overall advice, if looking for a basher/racer is to go with a truggy. As a car they are easier to handle, and more versatile at bashing. They also make competent racers.

That said the TD DNX408 V2 looks like pure sex! But I have no idea what the car itself is like, and at over

hyper 9 is a racer nothing to do with ss, the ss is in hy7 pond tbh nothing from hy9 is useable on ss iirc hy7 parts does.

the 9 to me does look VERY sturdy, i just assumed the SS was maybe a revamp/compramise type affair...as has been suggested on afew forums ive browsed...me personally id take the 9 over the ss now ive studied the actual spec of them, the 9's got a real solid feel to it, id struggle to break it and thats what i want from a basher.

Very very much appreciated 46 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So my short list is as follows

Losi 8 2.0 RTR as it is cracking value, Cracking reciever/transmitter for the doe..only servo's and motor to refine once they are baked, and then its spec her up...Or..

Losi EU as i can build/spec...advice appreciated on motor options..

Or by no means least The Hyper 9.

This would be the basher no question if i go the straight out basher route.

Am i right in thinking the SS is a softened version of the 9 then, only asthetic changes made, it dont seem as geared to HARD CORE use/abuse as the 9 does...?

The Mugen i have to say is stunning!! BUT id need a mortgage to complete, but MY GOD i want her, thats the dream machine for me..OMFG what a dream that would be to achieve, sadlythough i really cant justify

the 9 to me does look VERY sturdy, i just assumed the SS was maybe a revamp/compramise type affair...as has been suggested on afew forums ive browsed...me personally id take the 9 over the ss now ive studied the actual spec of them, the 9's got a real solid feel to it, id struggle to break it and thats what i want from a basher.

The hyper 9 has a very cramped chassis from memory. Might be a ball ache to work on.

I also remember they had problems with their plastics being weak, but that is a long time ago. But still I would look into it and see if was fixed (I am assuming it was.)

If you want new, then the 8ight 2.0 RTR will probably do everything you need, and if you take off the

If your looking for something to race, I'd skip the Hyper Series altogether in favor of something with more race pedigree such as something from the likes of Associated, Mugen, Losi, Kyosho and so on...

If you looking for a basher from the Hyper range of buggies however, there still isn't much out there that can beat a Hyper Seven for something to survive the Bash Wars.

Out of the box they are more than tough enough and spare parts are ultra cheap and available thanks mostly to the Ebay Chopshops, But with their ages long bashing pedigree also means they have much higher bash upgrade/mod potential, the benefit of generations of Hyper bashers finding ways to one up each other on the battlefield. A Fully upgraded Hyper 7 is a land battleship....

http://www.msuk-foru...25#entry1612762

20130107_183759.jpg

The Hyper ST Pro is also worth looking at, Its one of the best bashing truggies out there for durability, Spares availibility and price while still retaining fairly good buggy like handling.

Love the chassis bracing on the thing too....

gallery8.jpg

Edited by GorillaZilla
  • Like 1

I can also second the ST Pro as a bashing tool. It is also an entry level racer as well if you set it up right (see the link in my sig for a 3 part build thread).

I am a big ST Pro fan and have owned a few - both nitro and brushless.

There are a few issues out of the box though. Standard brakes are fairly weak, so upgrading is worth it.

Changing/working on the diffs/diff cases is tedious.

Diff cases have a weakness in design that can mean the sop section where the bolts pass through shears off - but only under extremely bad landings / treatment.

Slightly differing lengths of front and rear CVD's can cause you to put them in wrong and have the ball ache of re-doing them if you are not on the ball - otherwise they pop out. :P

Grinding woes if you don't make sure your diffs are shimmed properly if you use spiders in front and rear - also make sure your minion is in the right place! (easily avoided though)

Spider diffs are an absolute nightmare to seal if you use diff oil (in the end I just ran with standard diffs front and rear and just kept the centre spider diff)

Benefits out of the box are:

A fair amount of upgrades over standard.

Tough and capable

Easy to get spares - and it shares some components with the hyper 7

Good handling

Good jumping

Good speed - even with a .21

Easy to convert to Brushless

Fairly cheap 2nd hand, and fairly available.

Pretty good looking for an older model :)

Here is the one I built :

dsc02126wbb.jpg

Cheers

Edited by PRAETORIAN
  • Like 1

Cheers Gorilla :thumbsup:

A truggy will be next years new purchase :yes:

For now im buggying...

RTR losi really is a winner all round, few tweeks and that should do it for my needs.

Hyper 9 next, awesome package, and as said Hypers are bomb proof.

Then its the Mugen MBX6 or id love the 7............

Second hand well, its a Durango,JQ,Mugen or the like, but i really would like new tbh..like the smells lol4

Edit to add...PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAR thats a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mr Drifta

Losi wins yay !!!!!

lol not quite yet it dont.....That Mugen is Growing on me badly...

Absolutely the toughest choice of purchase ive ever had to make this one :confused:

But all the advice of here has been awesome and has made it a shorter list thats a fact :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Mr Drifta

lol not quite yet it dont.....That Mugen is Growing on me badly...

Absolutely the toughest choice of purchase ive ever had to make this one :confused:

But all the advice of here has been awesome and has made it a shorter list thats a fact :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

List has got shorter? You started this thread with 2 buggys,now look lol

For what it's worth, I have a mugen mbx6 and it's fantastic. I'd buy a mbx7 tomorrow if I could!

List has got shorter? You started this thread with 2 buggys,now look lol

For what it's worth, I have a mugen mbx6 and it's fantastic. I'd buy a mbx7 tomorrow if I could!

lol yeah the list in my head was about 8 lol...

That Mugen 7 is a thing of beauty...but just abit to dear for me to do, tbh RTR is the way im going due to the itch needing to be scratched quickly lol

Well update time and finally ive made a decision and purchase :hahadance::hahadance::hahadance::hahadance:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the winner is.....

THANKS MASSIVELY to you lads and your info .......................................................

A.....................

....Model i'll be photographing tomorrow (hopefully!!!!!!) for your enjoyment :xd:

Haha :tease: :tease:

Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!! :topbanana: