• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Toughest RTR?, Poll now added everyone please vote.

DazzaClio

Toughest RTR.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Vote which you think is the toughest.

• Hyper 7 / 8
    • Slash 4x4
    • Firestorm / Blitz
    • Hong Nor X1X Cr
    • Losi 8ight
    • Savage
    • Savage Xs
    • Vorza

Everybody seems to be just naming their favourite models. I mean, the T/E-Maxx? Not bad trucks but not exactly the last word in durability :/

I reckon it's got to be three-way tie between the Firestorm, Hyper 7, and Slash.

Edited by DreXeL

Everybody seems to be just naming their favourite models. I mean, the T/E-Maxx? Not bad trucks but not exactly the last word in durability :/

I reckon it's got to be three-way tie between the Firestorm, Hyper 7, and Slash.

Dont the two things go hand in hand?

I like the merv because for me out of the box its tough and goes like a stabbed rat

From personal experience i have found the GV Rex x to be the strongest buggy i have ever owned! Secondly my hyper 7, then the xtm xt2!

I found the firestorm easy to break! ;)

• Like 1

Dont the two things go hand in hand?

Not necessarily.

The OP was asking what the 'toughest RTR' is, people have favourites for many reasons, but that doesn't mean it is the toughest. My favourite is still the Savage, but despite being one of the toughest MTs out there, I wouldn't pretend it could take the nonstop punishment of a Hyper 7, out of the box at least.

Edited by DreXeL

Hobao hyper's are bash and bomb proof especially with TBR bumpers the new hyper ss runs mainly hyper 7/8/ST parts (diffs and parts of the running gear and shock towers) so cheap to fix seen them jump 6ft ramps and land without so much as a scratch

says it all !!!

Yeah, of my stock i'd say the Hyper 7 purely on the amount of abuse I've given it. That said I reckon my rc8b is stronger, but i'll never bash it, so won't find out.

My mate has a few Mugens, and bashes them pretty hard. Not sure I've ever seen him break anything! Don't think they do any RTR's though.

As for Savages, I've had 2, wouldn't have another, and generally think that if you reckon their bomb proof, you're not trying hard enough :-)