• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Rally Car

rcrallyuk

It's home-made using fabric from an old pair of work trousers, some velcro and some elastic. Very easy to do if you know someone with a sewing machine.

See how you were talking about making these. I want to have a go but one thing i want to check. Does the material go all the way round the car...Like on the under chassis aswell. or do you just velcro this on to the side of the chassis so the underbelly if free?Hope that makes sence. Im just thinking on the car getting caught on sticks and things if theres material under the car and also this will start to tear after a while. If you can upload some pics of the sides of the car and the under chassis

See how you were talking about making these. I want to have a go but one thing i want to check. Does the material go all the way round the car...Like on the under chassis aswell. or do you just velcro this on to the side of the chassis so the underbelly if free?Hope that makes sence. Im just thinking on the car getting caught on sticks and things if theres material under the car and also this will start to tear after a while. If you can upload some pics of the sides of the car and the under chassis

The fabric covers the top of the tub and is velcroed to the sides of the chassis, leaving the bottom free. Gotta go pick up my wife from work now, will post some pics when I get back.

I used to work for a company that made electric wheelchairs, and I got it from their upholstery dept. Not sure where they got it from, but I would guess most haberdasheries would sell it. I have also seen the self-adhesive velcro for sale in B&Q.

here is my new wr8 'leccy'. bought it as a roller from america and just finished putting my own motor/esc,servo,shell and tyres/wheels(got gravel and tarmac). i have tried my best to keep all the parts waterproof...

WP_000244_zpsc05be5a7.jpgWP_000249_zps8a6891ed.jpgWP_000247_zpse0a822b1.jpgWP_000246_zps1a2a411a.jpg

used a ezrun 2700kv motor, sc8 120amp esc, hpi sf50 wp servo, spektrum sr200wp receiver and a bit of dremmeling to get it all to fit.

• Like 1

Ooo when did you get that shell? It says theyre out of stock on wheelspin models :(

I just got my WR8 http://www.msuk-foru...irst-rally-car/ and I'm after the shell too :)

i ordered it from wheelspin when it was out of stock as they said they had alot of people waiting for it, then when it did come in stock i was first on the list. i had to wait 2 weeks though mate. on there site it said in stock for 1 day then they where all gone. if you really want one pre order or they are Edited by bobby288

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get one on order.

Yeah I think the rally wheels are smaller so have bigger side walls than the road wheels and tyres.

68FC8F8B-7B90-4947-BC2F-6084EBB10114-4099-00000304F10E3328_zps076985ab.jpg

Metro 6R4 on a TA03R

ADDEAA6A-4C7E-4C12-8A64-305BD50065D4-4099-00000304ED0652DB_zpse9fe8d7e.jpg

Mitsubishi Evo on a TB01

142D7CAF-A8D9-4AD9-8FC8-7D9B66EEA90D-4099-00000304F4C67A85_zpsfea6c2b2.jpg

From the top, Kyosho Pure ten EP, very modded TB01 Focus, TB01 Scooby, M03 rally Fabia, Kyosho Mini and the shell for my ES4 Rally EP.

There are a few more dotted around somewhere too.

• Like 2