• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10th buggy tyres

arogon1235

What for?

I've literally got boxes of tyres because different types work on different surfaces and for differing needs. For example my Astroturf race tyres are Schumacher Yellow Minispikes, but these are far too soft and wear too fast for hard surfaces. For grass I've got Yokomo TR32's with massive spikes, carpet Schumacher Minipins, dirt Proline Holeshots and so on.

Foams suggest you want an on-road tyre - not a lot of foams available premounted on 1/10th wheels these days, most people make their own. Anyway unless you are running on a clean racetrack I never liked foams as they pick up dirt and then don't grip.

Proline Dirt Hawgs offer pretty reasonably on-road grip, decent wear and can take some light offroad use.

For indoor carpet racing I bought foams for my buggy from RC direct. Enneti 1/8 donuts. Here's the link (although shown out of stock at the mo)...

http://www.rc-direct.co.uk/-c-39_198_205.html

You will only need to buy two 1/8 donuts. They are around 70mm thick so you just cut them in half for the rears. For my 2wd fronts I cut 4 slims out of one donut.

Re off road tyres, Im not the best to advise on them (sorry).

Edited by Jay1