• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

upgrading radio TX / RX

RC_DAN_2012

Hi all,

Im looking to upgrade my spektrum DX3 on my buggy for something better, I would prefer a normal transmitter to the stick type this time, i have struggled getting used to driving them with these stick types, i have a budget of around

Code 3 chan - Free delivery to

http://www.apexmodel...show/CR151.html

i just bought one & for the money, you wont find better ;)

unfortunately when it comes to radio sets, theres not much choice when it comes to the normal types (stick) for surface use ... unless your willing to spend upwards of

Edited by rctruckz

cheers rctruckz, il have a read of some of the reviews and its a great price too, and goldman il have a surf on modelsport now, best thing to do is choose the one with the best reviews i thinks.

norcoforever - ive heard some great things about futaba, infact my first radio set was futaba but that was the old style radio, terrible compared to 2.4ghz now but back in the day was great, il have a scan and see what i can find.

cheers for the help guys.

norcoforever - ive heard some great things about futaba, infact my first radio set was futaba but that was the old style radio, terrible compared to 2.4ghz now but back in the day was great, il have a scan and see what i can find.

here is the link to where i got my from buddy http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_2068wt_1271

just to check do you want sticks or trigger?

Edited by norcoforever

I have had a good scan on ebay for second hand gear but not considered a DS6 due to the problems ive had with my current spektrum gear, i think im going to go with http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/CR151.html mainly due to the price, it means i can buy some new tyres for the hyper aswell. gonna have a good think on it anyhow, are DX6 really well recommended then chap?

its a toss up between the DX6 or the Core radio gear.

cheers

dan

I have had a good scan on ebay for second hand gear but not considered a DS6 due to the problems ive had with my current spektrum gear, i think im going to go with http://www.apexmodel...show/CR151.html mainly due to the price, it means i can buy some new tyres for the hyper aswell. gonna have a good think on it anyhow, are DX6 really well recommended then chap?

its a toss up between the DX6 or the Core radio gear.

cheers

dan

tbh i loath spektrum, i've had three different ones all with issues, i have been using ansmann for a while however it has flaws i'm now using futaba and its bloomin fantastic lol

problem with those code systems is they like to make there receivers go pop and they feel cheap and nasty for the price

where you hear this? ive googled but cant find no info about dodgy recievers for them, i looked up info for a good few days before i got mine all i read was good comments/reviews?

where you hear this? ive googled but cant find no info about dodgy recievers for them, i looked up info for a good few days before i got mine all i read was good comments/reviews?

i had the etronix pulse if thats how you spell it and i went through 3 or 4 recivers that just went pop and the magic smoke afterwards

the etronix pulse is different to the code including the rx, only thing similar is the price, i too read bad reviews about the pulse including losing bind alot(it was a toss between the pules & the code as they similar price) in the end i went for the code as i aint read any bad reviews :)

my code binded with 1 push of the button on the rx :)

Edited by rctruckz