• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick scout diff case modification/ Fix .

Jacksprogis

Just slotted the ST Racing straight axle lock outs into my modded diff... no more broken dogbones I hope as these axles look chunky. Had to drill the hole in the diff case to 6mm so the axle could slide through and also had to turn 1mm off the lockouts to get them to go on the Scout axle properly.

If stock esc then no programming available and drag brake is at maximum. As long as neutral point set right on TX it should not slip much.

If any wheel will rotate by hand without the other 3 at the same speed then something is slipping.

Check drive shaft grub screws at axle and gearbox end.

Check if a set of wheels turn without the driveshaft to that axle turning... could be diff slipping. One wheel often worse in this case. Do this mod to cure...

If all axles and shafts ok then check gearbox and spur and pinion.

If stock esc then no programming available and drag brake is at maximum. As long as neutral point set right on TX it should not slip much.

If any wheel will rotate by hand without the other 3 at the same speed then something is slipping.

Check drive shaft grub screws at axle and gearbox end.

Check if a set of wheels turn without the driveshaft to that axle turning... could be diff slipping. One wheel often worse in this case. Do this mod to cure...

If all axles and shafts ok then check gearbox and spur and pinion.

Thanks very much,I will check this all out...

T.Bag