• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi 8ight T 1.0 front dogbone problems, help!

hi guys!

i been having a problem with my losi 8ight T 1.0 its the truggy not the buggy, i been learning alot about the losi 8ight very confusing on what parts will fit my truggy, but my main problem is my front dog bones, they sit in the diff cup right on the edge (as in they only just sit in the cup!) and now and then they pop out the diff cups, i did have the lighten (upgraded) front diff cups but they snapped because of the force of the dog bone popping out now and then.. normally only if u give it full power on 6s! ive just put a new diff in and new front lower arms as they were bent abit and i still got the problem by the look of it, havent run it yet as im still rebuilding it but i can see they are gonna pop out again :(

rear dogbones are fine they sit allmost half way in the cup! never had a problem!

one thing i haven't done i haven't checked to see if the rear dogbones are the same size but i do have a whole spare set of dogbones and ive put them aganced the ones i got and they are same size so im just wondering if i got wrong dogbones or something cus im just scratching my head now :(

any ideas where im going wrong will be great!

Thanks!

EDIT:

also i have to put full camber in to keep the dogbones in the cup better.. surely this aint right :(

Edited by G-RATs-Savage

Use Hong Nor X3 rear drive shafts. Slightly longer at 105mm long (overall length) + use same coupler and pin. You can also use You can also use Durango DNX408 drive shafts (can't recall whether front or rear), but you have to use Durango couple + pin. Note Durango measure pin to pin rather than overall length.

yer that sounds good 2 me the hong nor ones, i have to have a look for some of them!

so is this problem not my setup then? my mate has the losi 8ight T 2.0 and his is fine! i just put on losi 8t 2.0 front lower arms thinking they might of been shorter to allow the dogbone to have more length but aint that :(

cheers

Don't know really, it's hard to pinpoint. There are reportedly lots of factors including camber, droop height, bent hinge pins, warped lower arms, worn hubs or bearings, bad driving etc, but it comes down to the stock shafts just being a touch too short. Doesn't affect everyone though.

I didn't have any problems with mine for ages and then it started happening. Only happened to me twice, but both times in a final, I'd rather just change the shafts and make sure it doesn't happen again. I've heard of people changing diffs, arms, bearings, hubs, rod ends etc and it still happened again.

ddrive shaft sounds like a plan then... and its been doing it sence i got it off a member off here about 4 months ago... i just kept cambering it more and using that grub screw to rasie the lower arms... helps alot but not a total fix..

i do drive it like i stole it lol i jump alot so my cars take alot and i expect to replace parts but this problem has just got me tbh i could see i longer shaft would be the fix but also wanted 2 know why its doing it.. but least i know what shaft 2 get now any way and i will do that to solve this problem!

cheers bud!

I had this happen loads every race meeting come soooo bad that i just rased the droop up and put some camber on. Oh and put some fuel tubeing in the cups i kept breaking cups :(

Not the ideal solution, but a good immediate one.

Are you at Swindon on Sunday?