• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

traxxas 1/16 rally vxl

pritchard182

hi guys im new to electric and was looking for some advice im prety set on the traxxa rally as i like the look and a fiew reviews iv seen, what i realy want to know is how this would compare to my old nitro car which was a hyper 7 speed wise? also anyone had one? and whats your opinion on it? i will get lipo eventually but im sticking with the nimh for the time being

thanks dan

Hi Dan,

I also have a Hyper7 (brushless) and I have 2 rallies , Ken block and a Mustang, the Ken block is standard running lipo's on 2s on a good day it will reach around 25mph and with 3s it will top out at around 45-50mph, the Mustang has lots of upgrades and also has the Big block conversion (540 motor) and that gets to around 55-60mph on 3s, on tarmac the rally will keep up to the hyper with no problems but on the dirt the Hyper wins out being bigger and built for the rough stuff.

If you want to know anything about the rallies drop me a pm mate be glad to answer any queries you have if I can.

regards

Stu

• Like 1

the rally will get upto its top speed more quicky than the 7 would. but actual speed wise the 7 would would beat it in a straight line if your using nimh. if you go lipo they would be about the same speed depending on what size lipo you go for either 2s or 3s and gearing you use

thanks guys, iv pmd you fraggs. i know ill get more speed with lipos but to be honest i want simplicity to start of and the nimh batteries i can just buy 2 and another wall charger and job done no discharge and other stuff that comes with lipos.all i wanted to know was will it be nitro car speed with 2 nimh batteries?

dan

thanks guys, iv pmd you fraggs. i know ill get more speed with lipos but to be honest i want simplicity to start of and the nimh batteries i can just buy 2 and another wall charger and job done no discharge and other stuff that comes with lipos.all i wanted to know was will it be nitro car speed with 2 nimh batteries?

dan

if you run them in series then it would be close for the first 20 or so feet but then the nitro would pull away as the nitro engine would be building up its revs to the point of it catching the nimh car. as they would be using there power more to get upto its top speed.

this should give you a rough idea watch from 1.06mins

Edited by mini-z-awd