• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to TC question on set up

Ian S

Hi just got my self a Mi4 LP and seems to go quite well when raced for first time on carpet but only thing is that if i corner to fast in side front wheel leave carpet and if dont easy of power it rolls

not going no where as fast as other drivers any tips to stop this

thanks

If you aren't running your ride height on the minimum (usually 5mm) lower your car down to that first.

Take a look at your car as it corners, before the inside front lifts does the rear of the car squat down a lot? Could be the rear oil is too soft and the car is dumping it's back end causing the inside front to lift.

Making the front track width wider will help prevent grip roll.

Take a look at your tyres, if they are wearing unevenly could be that you aren't running enough camber causing the tyre to roll over.

If the car rolls in the middle of the corner stiffening the front of the car up may also help, if it's rolling too much that may be causing the grip roll. So stiffer springs, oil, anti rollbars, more droop, lower roll centre etc. If the car rolls immediately you may have to make the front softer as it's the initial grip causing the car to flip over. (By the way you say you can see it lift then have a chance to back off I'd guess it's mid corner.)

If it's really bad then put superglue on the sidewalls of the front tyres. Do also check that your tyres are glued on properly anyway.

Well that's how I go about sorting out grip roll. Definitely not the only ideas out there so don't be shocked if you find something else works :)

Thank will start to eliminate these things working down your list

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes think its mid corner

Sorry but something very important I forgot to say in my last post: The best people to help you are those with the same chassis at your local club. With these guys you can talk on the same level as you will be racing on the same surface, layout, temperature etc. It's very common in RC for experienced racers to enjoy helping out the new guys, so get in there and have a chat you may well find someone has a complete set up ready for you to get started with. Of course I am always happy to do what I can to help but help from a distance from a guy with a different chassis will never beat advice at the track from someone with the same chassis :)

Enjoy your racing!

Thank guys

To stiffen rear is that just spring change

Yes :thumbsup:

It might be a good idea to make sure your shocks are rebounding equally too though and have the right oil in them.

Too softer oil with heavy springs can make the handling bad too.

What oil do you recommend

And springs

I don't race TC (yet) but I would advise asking people at your club what they use as different oils perform differently for different tracks/evironments. - and that's in any kind of racing (as far as I know...someone correct me if I'm wrong) It all depends on surface, corner radii, speed, weight, etc. so talk to people at your club as they are the people that know the track. Especially talk to the people with the same chassis at your track.

Don't know much about springs. Try different pre-load?

Edited by quackyduck-190