• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 Ride Height

i-CONICA

I've seen quite a few things saying that the Hyper 7 isn't that good off road, which over long grass I totally agree. I haven't had a big truggy so I can't really comment on how I think it compares to a truggy...

When I got my Hyper 7, after fiddling with it night after night, I discovered the suspension arms have grub screws at the bottom which touch the chassis, lowering the ride height. These gave it about 1 inch ground clearance which made it a bit rubbish over long grass.

I wound the grub screws out somewhat and raised the ride height, it's now at about 2.5 inches, and not only is it much better over grass, but handles jumps better, not bottoming out as easily because of the greater travel on the shocks before the chassis hits the ground.

Is this something everyone does? Are the people saying it's a bit rubbish talking about a hyper 7 that's not had this adjustment, or at they all like that and mine was just pretty low?