• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Last night i set to work, built up the diffs and shimmed them so there as slippery as butter and as smooth as silk  :yes: ..

DSC02476_zpsa6ab769f.jpg

Then got cracking with the front and rear end 

DSC02480_zps48a506b4.jpg

DSC02482_zpsbf3aea78.jpg

Before i got to far thou out came the first little tweak replaced the pin for the wheel hex in the cvd's with these 

DSC02479_zpsb06f753d.jpg

And added some shrink tubing to the ends stop the pin coming out of the ball 

DSC02478_zps23f9189b.jpg

DSC02481_zps62d8597c.jpg

Ordered wheels tyres motor and esc and later i'll mod the servo saver  :thumbsup:

Last night i set to work, built up the diffs and shimmed them so there as slippery as butter and as smooth as silk :yes: ..

DSC02476_zpsa6ab769f.jpg

Then got cracking with the front and rear end

DSC02480_zps48a506b4.jpg

DSC02482_zpsbf3aea78.jpg

Before i got to far thou out came the first little tweak replaced the pin for the wheel hex in the cvd's with these

DSC02479_zpsb06f753d.jpg

And added some shrink tubing to the ends stop the pin coming out of the ball

DSC02478_zps23f9189b.jpg

DSC02481_zps62d8597c.jpg

Ordered wheels tyres motor and esc and later i'll mod the servo saver :thumbsup:

It's too clean dude, really needs to get out and get muddy haha! What wheels/tyres have you gone for?

Been there done that and now come back for some more !

What's the reason ?

Not really sure tbh, its my last rc left and just dont have the time to use it. Also seen an pistol i want which is worth about the sams as the xs. I have tons of spares and things like that.

Tbh im not really sure, just lost interest. Had it for few years and has been a mint truck but shoot more now

Sent from my Fingers using the Tinternet

The joints I left as there was very little wiggle room I just drilled out the wheel hex pin hole . If the joint pin becomes a problem thou I may have a rethink and drill that out as well, but there's not a lot of material to play with so it might do more harm than good by doing so

Here we go a little mod i loved on my old one so thought while in it's bits i'll do it on this one !!!

We all know the servo is well terrible on the stock rtr but the servo saver is not that great either so this mod adds some more spring tension to stop you losing power out your chosen servo.. In my case its a HPI SF50 that came in it more than enough power for this truck i'm sure

Right first up you need your saver off the truck

DSC02487_zps4b2c6362.jpg

Now your need to remove the top e clip and keep a note of how the arm is located as you have to put it back the same way!!!!!..

DSC02488_zps01bd44c8.jpg

Once apart your notice the arm is like a traxxas drive shaft in it has grooves cut and is more square than round 

DSC02490_zpsa62f1810.jpg

So get yourself a washer that is the same size outer diameter as the spring that came off like this one 

DSC02489_zps8666cf5f.jpg

Now comes the tricky part your need to file out the centre so it square like this 

DSC02492_zps553d9f4e.jpg

Pop it on the shaft 

DSC02493_zpsd009f9ea.jpg

Finally reassemble it all how it was with the washer in place 

DSC02494_zps789846b2.jpg

Thats it all done refit it to the truck and see how much better your servo feels !!  :thumbsup:

Total cost around 2p Bargain  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Great little mod that :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the joint pins are 2mm, I was always breaking the stock joint pins, one I fitted solid pins without the flat I very rarely broke them.

I'm going to have to stop following this thread as it makes me want another lol.

I'm pretty sure the joint pins are 2mm, I was always breaking the stock joint pins, one I fitted solid pins without the flat I very rarely broke them.

I'm going to have to stop following this thread as it makes me want another lol.

I still don't have that one up and running yet...but your not having it back :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Come on you know you want too deep down :yes:  and a roller on the bay can be had for silly money my ss was just over 30 quid time i sold the motor esc and radio gear on  :thumbsup:

Come on you know you want too deep down :yes:  and a roller on the bay can be had for silly money my ss was just over 30 quid time i sold the motor esc and radio gear on  :thumbsup:

Thought it was going to turn out to be a good buy.

What combo are you fitting in it and any other plans?

Good job so far :).

Thanks.

Thought it was going to turn out to be a good buy.

What combo are you fitting in it and any other plans?

Good job so far :).

Thanks.

Thanks plans are new wheels, tyres, esc, and motor then upgrade as I break it.. More than likely end up with the HD HPI drive cups etc and some alloy knuckles etc but only when the stock ones go.. I was in my local model shop yesterday and got some new paint

Spoke to the seller and its going back so that leaves me down and out .. Had my eye on a castle motor but that's out the budget last thing left is a quicrun 4 pole ? Or a cheap rocket from Asiatees ? both are 3800kv thou .. Looks like I'll just crack on with the chassis and shell for now ..

• 2 weeks later...

what are some good upgrades for these wee beasty`s as i got one today. i know about the elimination pins and camber links thanks to mydoddy`s vids on you tube so is there anything else its basicly box stock right now oh one other thing how do you stop the dog bone falling out of the front right wheel i know it will need new drive cups but other than that is there another way to stop it 

If the drive cup is that knackered then no but it might just be your upper links are to long if you swapped them out ?

The xs ss kit is the way to go if buying secondhand ?

Best upgrade has to be a sc8 esc and some new rubber the rest just sort it as you break it..

Still no motor in mine had a castle from the states come but that was faulty so it's working it's way back, then ordered the quicrun but that's god knows where as tracking states delivered !! . 3 motors in well 4 if you include what it came with and not one any good !!!

Painted up the shell and put the new rubber on then stuck it up on the shelf now till I get a motor

If the drive cup is that knackered then no but it might just be your upper links are to long if you swapped them out ?

The xs ss kit is the way to go if buying secondhand ?

Best upgrade has to be a sc8 esc and some new rubber the rest just sort it as you break it..

Still no motor in mine had a castle from the states come but that was faulty so it's working it's way back, then ordered the quicrun but that's god knows where as tracking states delivered !! . 3 motors in well 4 if you include what it came with and not one any good !!!

Painted up the shell and put the new rubber on then stuck it up on the shelf now till I get a motor

it still has the stock top links but i have ordered some of those traxxas camber links so they will be changed over soon its like the dog bone is too short but ive checked the length and its the right one in there