• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Inferno VE spares

Hi,

I just got myselft an inferno ve the otherday. Took it out yesterday and snapped one of the lower pins holding the bottom of the rear hub to the arm. Part F111 (3) to be exact.

I usually run a slash 4x4 and e maxx so i dont know what spares to carry for the inferno as its all new to me (always had traxxas up until now). What spares do you suggest i stock up on? common failures and weak points etc.

Its a pain ordering some spares and paying postage, then needing more the next day and paying postage again. i would rather order all the common bits and bobs in one hit.

Also i have read that the shocks are not upto much on the inferno. Any suggestions on good replacements?

Thanks in advance.

Look up KyoshoSpares on ebay, Antony normally has loads of spares and ask him if he hasn't got any listed. Top bloke, Top service.

As for spares, I always carry: A Arms, shock towers, suspension pins (all) and a bulkhead or two.

I've got an older MP 7.5 (nitro) and I've doubled up the shock towers to stop them from bending so much,

also found the chassis bends if you look at it hard enough, even though I've got the Kingheadz chassis braces fitted too.

So i got one made from 7075 and its tons better.

Also the universal center, front and rear drive shafts if the VE doesn't have them as stock.

I use THESE shocks and I've replace the hinge pins with THESE.

• Like 2

I`ve used Kyoshospares as well for my VE, infernosonly is another good one

interesting about the hinge pins i`ll remember that one :thumbsup:

Definitely get the Mugen ones, I've had many a bad landing thats snapped the A arms and these pins have never bent in the slightest. And there are no e clips, win/win :thumbsup:

this topic comes up just after I ordered a race spec...

Seen one at a bash and the chassis is so much better, pretty sure its the hardened version like the Kanai one. Very tidy bit of kit.

Cheers for the info. Just changed the hinge pins on the rear hub. Those c clips are a right pain. Will defiantly use those alternatives next time . Those shocks look the business to. Will need to save some pennies as burnt both titans out in e maxx today to so need a brushless setup now (rude not to).

Sounds like a arms are a must in the spares

Bin .

To be honest i haven't really taken mine out all that much since i got it. However, the stock radio i found was terrible but i already had a 2.4ghz setup to put in it. I usually run a E maxx and a Slash 4x4, the last buggy i had was my first ever RC and that was a Ansmann Master Smacker. So i am a bit

in-experienced when it comes to buggies.

However, after using the inferno for all of 5 mins i decided that if you could only ever have one RC it would have to be a 1:8th buggy. It handles fantastic and although not HPI Vorza fast it really does shift. For a 4s car its amazingly quick. I am very pleased that i got it and look forward to getting some more time to use it a bit more.

I have looked at stocking up on spares and although it would seem they are a bit scarce, its not actually all that bad as people have said above. tjdmodels.com (near my office) have loads of spares on the shelf, as well as ebay etc.

Word of warning, the spares are far more expensive than traxxas or hpi parts.

Not much help but based on limited use i would say for the money you can't go far wrong.

Was having a look at those Gmade shocks from the news section. What type and length do you think would be most suited to the front and rear of the inferno. Although they do say suitable for 1:10? Didn't see 1:8 anywhere.