• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

best way to use shoo goo

norcoforever

hi all, i've got a rather large shell coming over the next couple of day, i have ordered all my paint etc along with some shoo goo with the idea of reinforcing the shell, but whats the best way to do this its not practical to cover the whole shell as its a 1/5 sc shell am i best just doing the post holes and a strip all the way around the edge or is there a better way to reinforce shells?

I think what some people have done, is cover the shell in fiber tape then cover the whole shell in an even layer of shoe goo.

I have fixed cracks in shells with shoe goo and works a treat :thumbsup:

i can't afford to cover the whole shell thats the issue, this shell is rather large

Must have missed that part :whistling: ...

But yeah just cover the weak parts then, i.e the body mounting holes, bumpers maybe and sides?

lmao no worries, thats what i was thinking, do you know how much i should be using (as in how many layers)

For the tape? i would use at least 2 layers going across each other..

i used one layer of goo for a 1/10 buggy shell, was fine... but you can do 2 or 3 depending on how rigid/strong you want the shell.

Could do an experiment and see what works the best :thumbsup:

For the tape? i would use at least 2 layers going across each other..

i used one layer of goo for a 1/10 buggy shell, was fine... but you can do 2 or 3 depending on how rigid/strong you want the shell.

Could do an experiment and see what works the best :thumbsup:

cool, and by fibre tape i assume you mean the same stuff to tape batteries in touring cars?

Use this stuff insyead.

Same stuff just wider, so easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTERER-BUILDER-DRY-WALL-ADHESIVE-TAPE-SCRIM-CLOTH-/310183626801?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item4838628831#ht_500wt_1180

will get it from b & Q, homebase etc and any builders or timber yard.

Its called scrim