• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E revo vxl upgrade

allbutt55

Hi there

I am new here and i sure this has been posted alot so sorry, I have just got the tenbol 540 motor mount and was just wanting to know what the best 1/10 brushless system to get, been looking at the castle sidewinder v2 with 5700 motor is the best thing to go for and also what pinion gear to use,

Thanks

What batteries are you going to use? What do you want out of it?

Control might be an issue with a 5700kv motor.

Also you might want to think about an esc a bit smaller (in size) like the 60a hobbywing so it fits easier on the merv chassis.

I run the 5700kv castle SV2 system with 2200mah 40c nano techs with a 28t pin but a 55t spur and its mental fun if that's any good to you and i had no issue's fitting it other than cutting the rx box a bit but that's the norm when fitting the bigger can

You can get an eZrun system to fit just as easy and it will be a bit cheaper it all depends on what you want out of it and how deep your pockets are so to speak both systems are good but i would say one thing make sure you get a good c rating lipo to run a 540 motor otherwise you wont get the best out of your system

I have got some overlander lipos both 2 and 3 cell i have the mtroniks g2 mirco in at the mo which runs very hot even with a 14t pin and 50 spur, i have blown two esc's out now, i was thinking if i put the 1/10 motors in they will run cooler by setting the esc to say 50% if that makes sence, the speed of the g2 is ok and as i let my 3 and 4 year old boys use it so turning the power down is a must too, money is not a issue i belive you get what you pay for, I will want to do the same the my 1/16 summit too,

cheers for your help :)

Edited by allbutt55

I run the 5700kv castle SV2 system with 2200mah 40c nano techs with a 28t pin but a 55t spur and its mental fun if that's any good to you and i had no issue's fitting it other than cutting the rx box a bit but that's the norm when fitting the bigger can

You can get an eZrun system to fit just as easy and it will be a bit cheaper it all depends on what you want out of it and how deep your pockets are so to speak both systems are good but i would say one thing make sure you get a good c rating lipo to run a 540 motor otherwise you wont get the best out of your system

I run the same setup in my Merv (and Rally) but with Flightmax zippy 2s 2200mAh 40c on 50t spur 40t pinion , the rx box dont need to be cut if you get the upgraded box from the XL2.5 that runs the 550 can part number 7024X it has a curved cut out at the top so it clears the larger motor

Cool thanks for that chaps, i will order one from usa I think much cheaper there, I have fitted the 550 brushed motor my my boys 1/16 summit, it has alot more power now, not as fast but much better and runs alot cooler, with a 40t pin and 50t spur that must be bloody fast, what are the temps like with that setup?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

temps are ok if you dont do flat out run after flat out run, it keeps up with my Hyper 7 (brushless as well) until it hits the rough stuff and gets thrown about too much . I think there might be some footage somewhere of it on the forum (I will try to find it)

I recently got a Sidewinder sct combo (short course edition 3800kv motor (cheers Nick)) so might give that a try when weather warms up a bit and its not as muddy on the field ,should be fun (its either use it in the Merv or for speed runs with the 1/16 Rally )

temps are ok if you dont do flat out run after flat out run, it keeps up with my Hyper 7 (brushless as well) until it hits the rough stuff and gets thrown about too much . I think there might be some footage somewhere of it on the forum (I will try to find it)

I recently got a Sidewinder sct combo (short course edition 3800kv motor (cheers Nick)) so might give that a try when weather warms up a bit and its not as muddy on the field ,should be fun (its either use it in the Merv or for speed runs with the 1/16 Rally )

Cool let me know how it goes, I also have the 1/16 rally with the Mtroniks G2 with 8000kv motor which does go very well but gets hot,