• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anybody running a Vader XB

Spriggan

The 7075 stuff is what the Danish guy is getting in. It looks better quality than the other stuff and the US Redcat drivers seem to like it. Dont forget there is VAT and postoffice charges on the stuff from the US. But it might be worth us UK Vader owners getting together and placing an order as its the same shipping fee for a large or small order. Anyone up for it?

im defo up for that, what parts are you after mate?

I'm gona go for the C hubs, front bearing holders, rear bearing holders, a couple of sets of bearings as they are cheap as... and to round the lot off a 12 + 13T pignon.

The rampage website seems to sell cheap wheels too and loads of other stuff with cheap shipping fees :thumbsup:

I have used 1mm Polyethylene for mine held on with 3 cable ties a side. Nice and flexible and tough, the ties break before the mud shields.

The 7075 alloy looks the best to go for, the hubs are fitted with larger stronger bearing, and the C hubs have proper bearing on the pivot bolts. I did that mod to the Punishers alloy C hubs last year and they were much better, the other thing I did with them was to cut the top lugs off and put the top ball joint straight to the pivot point. that in effect removed one of the joints that can wear.

http://www.nutechracingforum.com/vb/showthread.php?1618-Another-C-Hub-Mod&highlight=hubs

A Maverick Vader program card off ebay, if yo typy into e-bay "Maverick Vader program card" it should come up.

I did that steering mod today and i must say, what a difference!!! The steering is sharper and the turning circle massively reduced. So thx for that tip :thumbsup:

I'm also waiting for my new servo so that should do the job quite nicely.

Blacksmith has the cards for

Vader Guy and Myself are thinking of putting an order into the US for some of the 7075 Alloy upgrade parts for the Vader. Would anyone else who runs a Vader be intrested in adding to the order, so it all comes in as one package?

Doing this all the items get sent out from the supplier covered by ONE shipping fee which can then be split between the buyers rather than being added to the cost of a couple of items.

The cost of Shipping from the US is about

We were talking about gears at some point, i found this quote off a US forum

"The gears are holding up great.... Don't need to go to metal.

I am running a leopard 5692 1340kv with the 8mm shaft.

48 Tooth spur with a 10 Tooth pinion.

Running 6s with the hobbywing 150amp ESC

Temps on motor and ESC are well within spec.

I have run a dozen or so sets of batteries through it some runs a WOT.... Spur gear looks like new... "

So maybe a 48T would be ok with an 11T pinion, would be absolutly mental tho!!!! :tank:

Na, your thinking it the wrong way. Stock ratio is 10-41, a 10-48 would be a lower gear ratio for larger wheels or a different car, What was he driving? have you got the link?

The 11-41 ratio would add about 10% to the speed.

Edited by Spriggan

Yeah your right, i got it mixed up.

Steering mod done with the new servo the turning circle is great, i'm well chuffed i've done it :thumbsup:

When i took the car out just now something strange happened, the esc cut out a couple of times and then i had no reverse, basically the esc has decided to set it's self to another setting all on its own.

I'm charging the batteries now and when thats done i'm gona rebind the transmitter and then reset the esc. Hopefully that will work, fingers crossed.

Have you managed to rest the ESC using the set button? I've tried a few times but seem to get no where with that, although I did lose the reverse one day when fiddling with the controls on the handset, I think it may have been that I turned the trim back on the throttle. Just reset the knobs and it went back to normal. I do like the reverse, it gives you a slight advantage over the Petrols on the track.

Right, took a chance and picked up the Hobbywing program card, plugged it in and it didnt work!

Then I plugged the wire in the correct hole and its working fine,

DSCF1067.jpg

Reset the Punch and timing to hopefully give me more what I need on Sunday, but I can easily tweak the adjustments to suit the track conditions. I.m not saying that it will work with all Vader ESC's but the one on mine is obviously the same as the Redcat ones that are Hobbywing units.

SORTED!