• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi XXL Or Revo?

Dom C

Once my slash is sold im probably going to get one of these trucks, I've been offered an XXL for my slash and some money my way or am i best to wait for the slash to sell and buy the nice second hand revo with the picco thats for sale?

I've pretty much crossed the Savage out as i've had two of them before, I want something that is very tough but also handles fairly well.

I'm liking the losi because of the rotostart/pullstart system and the size! But the servo layout puts me off and the sideways engine could i run one Savxo servo with it for steering?But i'm liking the hop ups and spares available for the revo.

Depends what sort of driving you want to do.

Revo will handle better ( well....it can be made to! ) but hte XXL has a whole lot more presence. On rough ground I would go with the Losi....on flatter grassy areas...the Revo.

When people say Revo's handle well...that's not strictly true. Mine came with the sfot stock springs, long travel rockers and the pushrods in their highest setting. This wallowed like a barge and crashed if you even whispered the word corner.

However....with stiffer springs, P2 rockers and the pushrods in the centre spot, it's a lot more fun. Still has ample ground clearance, but can now turn.

In truth, though, I don;t hink you would be unhappy with either.