• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Losi 8ight T

cyronn

xD so what gearing are you using Dazmania mate ?

50T spur and for the speed run I was using a 18T pinion. Will be trying a 19t or 20t to get over 70mph on 5s

Normal bashing though. a 15t is fine :thumbsup:

I will be going down to either 48t or 46t on the spur though at some point

ok thanks. i just have a 45t spur gear atmo, and probably get something higher to play with. i also got a pair of purple springs for the back and put wut was on the rear on the front. might go test it out if the weather is decent enough.

Also check out the post for a losi cover my mate just made for me, it allow to run when others stay indoors and help keep those expensive electrics clean and safe

Edited by Dazmania

Looking quick mate, did you have the plastic spur?

Took mine today to the NLB bash (video out soon) and it performed well doing single and double backflips with ease. Nothing broke today, well apart from I cracked my new shell :poster_oops:

My brothers Losi (white one) stripped the 45 plastic spur too. I'm just waiting on my 48 and metal 45 to arrive now for some fierce speed runs. Should get about 75 on 5s I'm hoping with the right gearing and tyres! I'll keep you posted.

After owning my truggy since xmas day, I have just put an order in for new diffs and bearings for the front.

It was bashed pretty damn hard on the weekend, so I can live with that from a 2nd hand car.

Just hope the parts come in time for use this weekend :whistling:

you know what diff oild are in at the moment mate ?. I am going to change my centre diff to 15k from 10k, when it arrives. Just replaced the stripped spur top yesterday, now I am just figuring how to mount the gopro camera. it will probably be something like this.

gopromounting.jpg

but instead of attachin it to the wing mount i will probably attach the gopro mounting bracket to the shock tower, also make it sit a bit lower too.

I could do with one of those cameras, but it wouldn't survive they way I throw my truggy around.

Not sure what oil is in the front yet as haven't changed it yet, but I;ve got 30K in the centre which is preventing a lot of ballooning of the front wheels and 5K in the rear. Will probably go for 10k or 15K in the front though.

My 48t spur has just arrived too so will change that over tonight.

I got some on board footage and used cable ties to mount the bracket to the rear shock tower. Not the best but it did work until the 2 of the cable ties broke lol. I also did run it with 6s and didnt strip the spur this time xD.

Edited by cyronn

• 2 weeks later...

So I played around with the ride height and adjusted the preload on the rear springs the other day. Tested it out today and it handled much better than it did. Here is some footage of it running today with some crashes, also at 2:40 into the clip I managed to land my first twist flip type of thing. Probably was just luck but still I landed it and the only one lol.

Great footage :)

I am in the process of getting a 8ight buggy converted

I have the roller and hopefully the motor esc and lipos next week

I just need the conversion kit and a servo :)

Seb