• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

stupid engine

adesaxo31

Hi my engine dies after a minute or two of running an then will not start at all until its cooled down an then does the same again is this symptoms of a worn piston or could it be something else the engine was well tuned before it started doing this atb ade

Its either worn to hell or you have an air leak thats getting the engine so hot its expanding and giving blow past the piston...either way its toast by the sounds of it. As I said in another post if you come upto parkhall I'll have a go at pinching it for you. See if you can get abit more out of it but personally I'd get on ebay and buy the cheap .18 SH engine.

Oh dear it seems that the trx2.5 is rear exhaust kind of causes a problem getting a replacement engine.....most small blocks are side port.

Oh right its a big block engine then....so not difficult to replace if its had it....the SH engines from ebay are OK as far as I know, pop it up and I'll have a look at it.

hi i got a thunder tiger eb4 s2 .21 and that does exactly the same thing ive tuned it and tuned it and i cant get it to run for more than a minute and then wont restart...

i even took it back to the shop and they said they tuned it but then i got back home and it wouldn't even start... i'm going to sell it now and try a hpi rs4 evo 3 hopefully that wont be such a high maintenance car.