• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE Mini Recon Thread

stretch

it may just be how your body posts are set, making it look like its higher than the rear.

take another look but look at the chassis rather than the shell.

and yea them pics turned out ok considering i got them by pausing a video and taking a screen shot, said video will be uploaded eventually once i'm done editing it.

i've also sent the cad file of the battery holder off to be 3d printed, assuming it fits ok i'll look at getting a alloy one made up.

Very nice a like that a lot !!  :thumbsup: .. Was this all done with a gopro ?? if so what one where you using ?? 

yes it was, its the first go pro hero model, mounted to my tx hence the sound and shake on the video

Nice vid! Lool'd when you drove straight into the step with the recon.

yea i did too, funnier because i had be practicing that spin for about half an hour and when i did it well i drove it right into a wall lol

could you put a crawler motor in one use min voltage and have something that would creep around the living room mayb over geared so it crawls. Not crawls over obstacles but a snails pace lol. My daughter might like this plus doesnt hpi have a kids size radio on the new hpi mini rs4?

if i got my kid one ide have to get it pro painted tho. Something Disney but not tacky like they usually are lol like characters just stuck on 

or mayb just a pink / white fading theme with stickers actually. i use pc paint program to see how colours look with each other and try crude patterns. might work for you too mate. 

well good luck finding someone to paint it like that, no on e i talked too wanted to go near it with anything detailed like a cartoon or anything

as for the crawler motor, you could do that, could also just change the gearing or, if you can set it on your radio,  just limit the epa on throttle.

• 2 weeks later...

painted my nissan titan shell.

wanted it a different colour to what i normally use, so this one is green

DSC08715.jpg

best picture i could get with the light i have, will get a bette rone tomorrow if the sun is out, the green looks awesome.

all done with tamiya spray cans.

translucent green backed in silver.

the roof is black and gold, 2 mistakes paint wise, did the gold abit thick so there is some pooling on it, and i had the black blead in one of the corners.

the front looks stupid like that imo aswell but it will do

• Like 1

Then set about getting hold of a kids remote i bet people sell their radios straight away from the 2014 hpi mini cars lol they look one step up from tyco. but also look perfect for kids. 

heres the listing 65 is abit much when ther 80 new would you agree 50 is about right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hpi-mini-recon-1-18-Scale-/321566314457?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4aded88fd9&nma=true&si=MWpCWER%252BIvFZHc3fvghy%252Bb5%252FKk8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

the stock radio is better than some rtr ones i've seen, for a little one it should be enough to get used to it and have abit of fun.

as for the one in the listing it looks almost new, probably used it a couple of times, if put

• 6 months later...