• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help please.....

RCsilverthorn

I'm 14 years old, a year ago I bought a Thunder Tiger EB4 s2, and it's never worked properly, it's been so unreliable; glow plugs, pull starts, and cuts out/won't start...

Thinking about selling it, can anyone recommend any good, reliable, nitro RC car/buggy?? (that's also fairly low maintenance!)

I've been thinking about buying a HPi RS4 evo 3 has anybody had any good or bad experiences with these?

Thanks for your help (I'm really fed up going out and when I get there the car doesn't work....)

Edited by RCsilverthorn

Sounds like good old fashioned tuning issue's...Not got a Local modelshop who could look over it mate?

If not let us know where in the world you are as there maybe someone local to you who could have a look at it....

Anyway welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

thanks for the replies:) Antics in Bristol tuned it and said it was ok, it ran for a week then stopped again... everything I do to it it seems to work for a bit then go back to not working... I've been through loads of glow plugs (shop suggested a faulty batch) and now just broke the second pull start before I even got it going... I'm really thinking of selling the thunder tiger and getting the HPI one instead.. just don't want to go through the whole frustrating thing again...

Want to get a HPI car and if I can sell the thunder tiger, replace that with a HPI buggy instead.. good choice?

Popping plugs could mean its lean on fuel(not enough and or getting too hot)...What fuel % are you using and plug??Sadly i aint in bristol so im out but someone on here might be....

Im also looking at http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-rs4-nitro-3-evo+-rtr-2.4ghz-porsche-911-gt3/rc-car-products/40318 for a mate of mine...Sounds good but hpi can be an arse for parts....

Have a look about sh mate on ebay if poss,,But ultimately new is best as you know how its been treated,,but it will cost you...Best of luck :yes:

im using 18% at the moment but it always seems to start but then as soon as you touch the throttle it cuts out but i need to fix the pull start then probably going to sell it... just hope the HPI will be good and i will be able to use it rather than spend ages tuning it or fixing it. ;)

I can vouch for HoBao, but depends on your budget. Absolutely bomb proof so far!!! :thumbsup:

If you want help setting it up can you get to Keynsham on a weekend? There's normally a few of us down the bmx track, good bunch of guys. Someone will have the answer to your problem bud. They helped me tune mine perfectly!

Edited by Gymbal

Mate stick some 20% byron fuel in the car new starter and try again.

Get the carb back to factory settings and start again from scratch.

If you go on youtube there are loads of vids showing about RC nitro tuning, also so much info on this forum.

Sounds to me like you are running a little rich on the low speed needle, try turning it clockwize about 1/8th of a turn and test again.

A Rich LSN will bog down and stop on booting it from standstill, lean LSN will make a hesitant "nah nah nah" noise and then either take off or in extreme cases stop. (again youtube has examples of both)

Don't give up too quick :), Nitro running is tricky at times. just you really have to do your research and be patient but you will get the hang of it soon enough. Even to experienced people sometimes nitro engines can leave you scratching your head saying "EH"

If you feel you don't want to mess about too much and just want to drive then I would suggest you perhaps go down the electric route.

Lots of brushless Ready to run kits are available from such as Apex models.

Best of luck mate :)

what make of fuel are you runnin? sounds alot like model technics haha

My god that stuff is so bad, how they get away with selling it is beyond me. The 16% is a joke, its more like 2% nitro and 98% chip fat oil.